Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Bullpup Stock

(Philadelphia County)

Question Bullpup Stock

Anybody ever shot/had a bullpup stock on a 10/22? My 12 year old son wants to dress his up a little and before we bought one I thought someone may be able to provide a little feedback. It is a standard .22lr model.

Any info would be appreciated.
    An armed society is a polite society

(Montgomery County)

the muzzelite bullpup stocks are really crappy if thats what you are looking at.
    I'd just get yerself a nice decent folding stock and dress it up if that what you want.
    they look neat, but man are they junk
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks, Jay. After reading your review, I did a little research and found many that people agreed. I found a great deal on an aluminum Evolution stock and am leaning towards that. Although, I was also also looking at the "Krinker Plinker" kit, which seems pretty interesting. Thanks again for helping me make the choice to stay away from the Muzzelite.

(Montgomery County)

Frank,

the Krinker plinker is absolutely cool, I have one, and it rocks.
    the newer kits are nicer, mines the Mk1Mod0 version, with the Romanian style side folder.
    I'm thinking of SBRing it now, so I ca put my suppressor straight on the the 8" barrel, right now its a 16" with the threads on it near the front sight.
    the only drawback is the gun has to be disassembled out of the stock shell for full cleaning, but a good initial cleaning, and lube with DuPont brand DRY LUBE will keep the fouling to a minimum.

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks, Jay.

The Evolution stocks were a little more than I was looking for and realized that the build never would have ended if I went that route. I will be ordering the Krinker Plinker. By the way, I'm sure that your's will be quiet as a whisper.

I also notice that alot of your pix show you shooting some of your "modest collection" outdoors. Can I ask where you shoot? I'm still having a tough time finding somewhere close by that can "open 'er up a bit". I'd be willing to drive an hour from Philly.

Lastly, which brand of mags and ammo do you reccomend for use with the 10/22 when rapid firing? I've been experiencing alot of FTE & FTF problems lately.

Thanks again for your help.
    Last edited by FrankR; July 29th, 2006 at 12:47 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Frank,

I shoot either on private land, or at the Easton Fish and Game club up in Easton PA.
    no MGs at EFGA, except once a month at the carbine shoot, otherwise, everybody is pretty much screwed on that, no real place to shoot in PA unless you have private land.

as per the mags, i use Butler Creek Steel lips and Eagle mags I learned my lesson during the AW ban, Eagales work good and dont wear out too fast, the steel lips dont wear out.
    both have liffetime warranty also.

(Beaver County)

The Butler Creek folding stocks are sturdy and nice looking. They come in at under $100 too. I had one on a 10/22 several years ago and still regret selling that little plinker.

Default Re: Bullpup Stock

I purchased one of these bullpups for my 10/22 back in the mid eighties. It was shipped to me from South Africa. I think I was one of the first to get one. As was stated in another thread yes they are kinda cheaply made. I did some tweaking for a while to get it to function smoothly. However, here we are twenty something years later, I still have it. My son started shooting it when he was ten. He is now 15 and is starting his own collection. He still comes back and shoots that 10/22. It does make it unique. I would purchase the plus version of the stock. It has to be better than it was so many years ago. If not, do some tweaking. It only cost me some time and effort.

(Delaware County)

(Chester County)

I'd say head over to www.rimfirecentral.com for all things 10/22. They'll be more than happy to help you spend your money.
    Μολὼν λάβε