Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Bucks County)

Default Taurus Tracker .17 HMR issues?

Hey Guys,

A couple of months ago I bought a "like new" Taurus Tracker .17 HMR for a plinker and maybe a little small game hunting..... The revolver has a 8" barrel and 2 power scope.... Great set up.... Or so I thought....

I took the gun to the range to check the scopes zero and get familure with it..... Nice gun, for twelve rounds..... Round 13.... Fired double action..... BANG! OUCH..... WTF!!! I got burns and some light shrapnel in my right hand just back of the index finger! I reiterate..... WTF! As best as I can see the gun fired out of battery..... The round impacted the forcing cone.... And the pressure blew out the back of the .17 HMR case head. My injuries were minor.... (This is why we wear safety glasses!) and my injuries were minor..... But it sure got my attention.

I checked the gun for obvious damage, and could find none, (I'm a Police armorer.... So mostly know what to look for!)
    The odd thing Is, I have been unable to duplicate the OOB condition..... I will be getting in touch with Taurus for a warranty repair.

I am just curious if anyone has had a similar issue? I did a internet search and did find a incident that was the same...

Thanks!
    F.

http://17hmr.net/index.php?topic=8060.0
    Last edited by 1096369fred; September 19th, 2016 at 09:28 AM.
    A Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    Big whoop, I'm spooning a Barret .50 Cal...... I could like kill a building.....