Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: STOLEN GUN!!!

Default Re: STOLEN GUN!!!

Like my brother in law the cop says "Locks are only there to keep honest people honest" and in the end all LE enforcement officers know this. What this is about is disarming the GOOD people of Philly through pretend bull shit law's, litigation that will cost the victim thousands of dollars, and intimidation all of which is morally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Yes, lets.

Firearm was in a locked compartment. Compartment was in a vehicle not owned by the thief. There is no other lawful duty.

First and foremost, people have a duty to not steal other peoples' stuff. The rest really is of no consequence. Fault is always on the thief, if you defer blame on any level it is no different that what anti-gun folks do.
    Same thing I was thinking. Why is it always the VICTIMS fault,
    and not the person that ILLEGALLY broke into someones property and STOLE someones
    personal belongings? Same goes for a house. Why should I have to buy a safe?
    Do I need a safe, for my safe? When does it end fellas.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    I'll remember that the next time a cop manages to get shot with his own gun, or a coworkers....

If you are trying to compare an officer getting overpowered and his duty weapon taken to an officer's house getting burglarized or an officer's weapon that is inappropriately stored in a car and stolen, I think you comparing apples to golf balls.

There is a policy about storing a weapon in your car. There is a greater chance of having it stolen out of your car than your house. This was debated on here before. While I don't leave my gun under my couch overnight, I would never leave it under the front seat of the car parked in the driveway overnight. The car and house doors are also locked.

BTW, the more I hear about the circumstances surrounding the gun that was used to shoot Hartnett, the more pissed I get.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Same thing I was thinking. Why is it always the VICTIMS fault,
    and not the person that ILLEGALLY broke into someones property and STOLE someones
    personal belongings? Same goes for a house. Why should I have to buy a safe?
    Do I need a safe, for my safe? When does it end fellas.
    Would you trust your gun collection to a closet with a wooden door?

It sucks, but it is the time we live in.

Again, I am not blaming the victim for the thiefs actions, but I am suggesting better actions on her part.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post

Again, I am not blaming the victim for the thiefs actions, but I am suggesting better actions on her part.
    So what better actions should I have had? Leaving the gun on me like I always did while I played in the playground with my kids and other kids? Or being responsible locking my gun away and forgetting one time about my gun being locked in my car! I have several of guns for many years... If I was so negligent why hasnt this happen to me sooner? Or why hasn'tmy kids grab my guns yet and accidentally shoot themselves? Because I make sure its locked away! Sorry If I forgot to double check my car door for 1 night!

(Warren County)

I am not blaming the victim. PAMedic said her gun was secure. Period! I fully disagree with that statement.

And since her gun was taken from her vehicle, apparently is was not that secure.
    Is the gun in your holster secure?
    Betcha somebody could distract you, sneak up, taze yo ass and get it.

Or just kick in your front door while you are away and peel open your gunsafe.

How secure must we call it before we identify the victim as a victim.

It wasn't an "attractive nuisance" it was hidden away.

Due diligence is due diligence.
    The gun wasn't unlocked on a sidewalk or in plain view on a front seat.
    Somebody broke the damn law and stole her gun.

She's the victim and your post was outta line.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Chester County)

Now I understand your question in the thread Ltcf revoked what do i do?

Hope you get an answer. If the outcome was in the OP's favor you might also ask the name of the lawyer he used. Best of luck.
    Last edited by str8shooter; September 13th, 2016 at 09:09 PM.

(Juniata County)

If you are trying to compare an officer getting overpowered and his duty weapon taken to an officer's house getting burglarized or an officer's weapon that is inappropriately stored in a car and stolen, I think you comparing apples to golf balls.

There is a policy about storing a weapon in your car. There is a greater chance of having it stolen out of your car than your house. This was debated on here before. While I don't leave my gun under my couch overnight, I would never leave it under the front seat of the car parked in the driveway overnight. The car and house doors are also locked.

BTW, the more I hear about the circumstances surrounding the gun that was used to shoot Hartnett, the more pissed I get.
    I'd say that in all cases the officer has a responsibility to secure the firearm. If we go by Philly PD's definition for the public of secure: meaning impossible to lose in any situation under any circumstances" those officers should be stripped of their duty weapon and not allowed to carry, ever.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but that is the policy PPD has for the public, and LEO should have a far higher standard.

I have, and well again, although calling my door wooden would be a stretch. More like fiberboard. MY parent's bathroom has a wooden door cast iron locks. You're not getting in it without a ram. We tried, my sister locked it when she was 8 and couldn't get it unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by vasquez6619 View Post
    So what better actions should I have had? Leaving the gun on me like I always did while I played in the playground with my kids and other kids? Or being responsible locking my gun away and forgetting one time about my gun being locked in my car! I have several of guns for many years... If I was so negligent why hasnt this happen to me sooner? Or why hasn'tmy kids grab my guns yet and accidentally shoot themselves? Because I make sure its locked away! Sorry If I forgot to double check my car door for 1 night!
    I don't know how you carry your firearm. If it is in a purse, I would stop, it just is not a good idea, I know it is popular, but not a good idea. Took my wife leaving it in a restaurant for her to wise up - people are human. It is hard to forget something attached to you, physically.

Carry on a belt, carry in a bra holster, my wife liked the flash bang for her revolver.

If you can not wear a belt, consider a smart carry holster, again, my wife likes hers.

http://www.smartcarry.com/

I do not take my gun off to play with my children, or the children in the nursery at church. IF you have a good holster, it is not going to come out. If you get leather, I would suggest one with a tension screw.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

I agree, its the times we live in but we can change it.
    I'm starting to like the getting your hand chopped off thing, I'm not going there

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    Is the gun in your holster secure?
    Betcha somebody could distract you, sneak up, taze yo ass and get it.

Or just kick in your front door while you are away and peel open your gunsafe.

How secure must we call it before we identify the victim as a victim.

It wasn't an "attractive nuisance" it was hidden away.

Due diligence is due diligence.
    The gun wasn't unlocked on a sidewalk or in plain view on a front seat.
    Somebody broke the damn law and stole her gun.

She's the victim and your post was outta line.
    My holster is a Level 3, but there have been instances of 302's tearing the complete holster from the belt. In 30 years my gun was never stolen from my holster. Tomorrow I could get hit over the head and have my gun stolen. Many things are possible, just not probable.

And yes, someone can kick in my door and go to work on a safe. Hopefully that either slows them down or deters them. However, I had a Honda Accord broken into 3 times, so guess where I won't leave a firearm?

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast