Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Wish to join Delaware County Field and Stream...need sponsors

Hello,
    I used to be a member of Delaware County Field and Stream about 20 years ago, but I let my membership lapse. I lived in Delaware County all my life, and taught at St. James for 24 years. When I found the time, I would go to the archery and also to the muzzle loader range at DCFS. I'm retired now and finally have the time to fully take advantage of the rifle range, but I do not know any current members. Would anyone be willing to sponsor me? I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Craig_H; September 13th, 2016 at 12:06 PM.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Wish to join Delaware County Field and Stream...need sponsors

It's really not that difficult.

My suggestion would be to go on a Saturday or Sunday morning between 10AM and noon. Go to the clubhouse and ask for an application. They guy/gal at the window will explain the process to you. You need two members and a club officer to sign your app. This is not a big deal. There will be a lot of guys hanging out and BS'ing in and/or outside of the clubhouse. Introduce yourself to them and ask if they'll sign your application. Most will assuming you're not wearing something that might turn-off gun owners. Some might ask if you're an NRA member before they'll sign. You don't need to be one to join DCFS but you should be one if you value your 2A rights so you might want to do it online before heading over there. Presuming you get two members at large to sign you'll need a club officer to sign. Ask them to point one out to you or where you might find one. Most ranges have range officers present on the weekends and they can sign. Turn your app in, pay your dues and get scheduled for orientation. I don't know how far behind they are on orientations but it might be a few weeks. Note that a background check will be conducted so if you have any convictions in your should come clean about them, even stuff like DUI's that might not preclude you from owning a firearm but would be on your record nonetheless.
    Last edited by jbrower; September 20th, 2016 at 10:00 PM.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Wish to join Delaware County Field and Stream...need sponsors

Quote Originally Posted by jbrower View Post
    It's really not that difficult.

My suggestion would be to go on a Saturday or Sunday morning between 10AM and noon. Go to the clubhouse and ask for an application. They guy/gal at the window will explain the process to you. You need two members and a club officer to sign your app. This is not a big deal. There will be a lot of guys hanging out and BS'ing in and/or outside of the clubhouse. Introduce yourself to them and ask if they'll sign your application. Most will assuming you're not wearing something that might turn-off gun owners. Some might ask if you're an NRA member before they'll sign. You don't need to be one to join DCFS but you should be one if you value your 2A rights so you might want to do it online before heading over there. Presuming you get two members at large to sign you'll need a club officer to sign. Ask them to point one out to you or where you might find one. Most ranges have range officers present on the weekends and they can sign. Turn your app in, pay your dues and get scheduled for orientation. I don't know how far behind they are on orientations but it might be a few weeks. Note that a background check will be conducted so if you have any convictions in your should come clean about them, even stuff like DUI's that might not preclude you from owning a firearm but would be on your record nonetheless.

Thank you. I did get the 2 signatures and the signature of a club officer. I am an NRA member with no convictions. Hope I won't have to wait too long!