Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default American Airlines outs those traveling with a firearm and makes it easier for theives

I flew out of Philly with a firearm on March 1 on American and they have a new process.
    They now put a red tag on the outside of the bag and when you arrive at your destination the bag is held in the baggage office and you have to show ID to get your bag.
    I sent in a complaint that they are outing those traveling with a firearm and actually making these bags a target for theft. (see recent article - http://www.guns.com/2017/03/03/airpo...-from-luggage/ )

ALso I cannot check in for the flight online or via the app - i have to check in at the counter - I can understand this as it forces you to declare the firearm on a return trip.

Time to be flying other airlines.....
    "...The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded...It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force."
    Marko Kloos 2007

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: American Airlines outs those traveling with a firearm and makes it easier for the

Dang it..and I am ticketed to fly to Salt Lake City with my pew pew this Sunday on American
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Default Re: American Airlines outs those traveling with a firearm and makes it easier for the

I'm sure they won't give one shit so long as their lawyers are satisfied.

(Delaware County)

typical bullcrap custoemr service response...

"Thank you for taking the time to write and for sharing with us your suggestion. Please be assured I have made available a copy of your comments to the appropriate management personnel for internal review and survey. We appreciate the interest you have taken in American and hope to welcome you aboard soon.

Sincerely,

Lucecita Rima
    Customer Relations
    American Airlines"
    "...The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded...It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force."
    Marko Kloos 2007

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by lprgcFrank View Post
    Time to be flying other airlines.....
    Yup. Thanks.

(Fayette County)

Didn't the TSA say that you shouldn't have any thing on the outside of the bag stating there is a firearm inside?

(Philadelphia County)

Complaints directly to the airline are rarely taken seriously.

File a complaint with the DOT. They are usually taken more seriously by the airline because it involves government agencies and some of the info can be made available to the public and media.

https://www.transportation.gov/airco...umer-complaint

So now I know who to mug at the airport. Made my job a lot easier.

(Montgomery County)

"...U.S. law says that “No common or contract carrier shall require or cause any label, tag, or other written notice to be placed on the outside of any package, luggage, or other container that such package, luggage, or other container contains a firearm.” Do not put any sort of label on your luggage that says there is a firearm inside, and TSA is not allowed to do the same...."

(Philadelphia County)

FYI

Those firearms goes directly to the managers office until it's time to for it to leave the bag chute and then it's most often hand delivered to the Plane by the manager or the employee that's running the route... and best believe that employee is being watched

I used to work there
    Last edited by Muscle Master; March 7th, 2017 at 05:58 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast