Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Kahr CM9?

(Chester County)

Default Kahr CM9?

Does anybody have any opinions or comments on the Kahr CM9? It looks like it might make for a good BUG to carry on my ankle.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Default Re: Kahr CM9?

I have one that rides on my side more often than I intended when I purchased it. Age and health issues make me appreciate the CM9. The size and weight are favorable to me. Once the original magazine was replaced by Kahr, I have had no issues. The orignal magazine was from a run of mags where the floorplate would not stay seated.

There have no malfunctions with my CM9. I used a chart to track the first 200 rounds. I have put on a Hogue Handall Jr and that improved the feel for me. The pistol is reliable and accurate

Rick

I have a good amount of experience with the CW9 as well as my brothers PM9(fancier version of the CM9) and both have run very smoothly. Excellent trigger very smooth and consistent for a DAO and both are very easy to carry. The CW/PM9 is a bit snappy with full power SD or +P ammunition as compared to the G43 or Shield making it not as fun too shoot or train with on a range day however if you know how to handle a defensive pistol that shouldn't be an issue.

It's a great pistol only real down side for me is the CW lines only comes with 1 mags and spars are a bit pricey and at one time after market sights were unavailable for the CW line of pistols but that may have changed in the last few years.

Trigger pull is really long, & the reset is a full return. if you like wheelguns it's not so bad but I would describe shooting kahrs like the first pull of a da/sa trigger without the sweet shorter follow up shots afterwards.

My friend has the mk9, its heavier so shooting it is a bit more manageable compared to a c/pm9. For a gun you will carry often & shoot occasionally, the cm9 makes sense.
    Last edited by itchinesu; September 6th, 2016 at 07:45 PM.

(Lancaster County)

CM9 is a great pistol. I had one and really like it but ended up selling it and getting a Glock 43. Well that was a mistake. The Glock ran perfect but I didn't shoot it nearly as well as I did the Kahr. A year later I traded it for a Kahr MK9 which I love, and I picked up a PM9 recently. Both shoot much better for me than the Glock did.