Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: OC still a hassle in Philly?

Thanks for that update, Mark, I appreciate it. I'm just sorry to hear that you're still going through this crap. And when that cop said "you could have avoided all of this if you were a little more personable", that took the cake! It's real personable to grab you by the arm while refusing to look at the ID and LTCF you're handing him? And all for going to mail a letter?! What a jerk. And that other cop you were speaking to, while being more polite to you, tells you that he personally doesn't like open carry because you have the jump on him???!!! No criminal is going to walk around open carrying. And even if the cop felt nervous while stopping an OCer, he could have his pistol out in his car before coming up on them. But it's the criminals with hidden guns that really have the jump on the cops! I wonder what the police would do if the guy they stopped for OCing was an FBI or CIA agent, or maybe a detective who had his suit jacket off and had his gun showing? Would they rush up to him and grab him by the arm like that? Or do other law enforcement agents have a secret password that they yell?....lol

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Tmygun; September 18th, 2016 at 02:45 AM.

Default Re: OC still a hassle in Philly?

And it's unreal that they don't even know that there's no registration of firearms (even though the sales records that the PA state police keep can be considered a form of registration) in PA. You should get into law enforcement, Mark. I'm an old fart, they wouldn't take me...lol. Probably many of the young men and women on this forum should get into law enforcement. You guys would know the laws better than some cops do. I have tremendous respect for law enforcement, but they don't have to behave the way they sometimes do. But it's by no means all cops, thankfully. But I love how that one cop asking for the serial# looked aggravated at the end, like you ruined his day for knowing your rights!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123