Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Non Resident purchase of hunting rifle???

Some friends of mine have a camp and they have realitives from out of state who hunt with them. A question that came up last year was....If hunting as a non-resident in Pa. and want to purchase a rifle from a Pa. gun shop, can they sell it? Or maybe the question should be, can a Fed NIC call be done for an out of state resident? I know there are different laws with different states about bringing a rifle into the home state, but I know nothing about that either. I also expect that because the reason for a gun purchase is for hunting would not matter, it would apply all just the same.

Now I think of it, there are many who move south (Florida etc.) for the colder months and would like to make a purchase of a new trap gun or a nifty plinker etc. Can they be run thru the phone a friend at the Federal Brady Bunch clearing house?
    As you can see, I don't know much about any of this topic area, so anything even slightly related to this subject would hopefully make for some interesting reading.

I know I am always looking for a good buy on a well seasoned used hunting rifle when I am away on a hunting trip.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Non Resident purchase of hunting rifle???

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Chester County)

I live in Pa and have bought long guns in Delaware without problems. I'm sure its the same for non-residents buying from Pa as lon gas your home state approves of such sales. I'm sure if you're from NJ you probably should forget it though.....

It's an interesting topic. I know that some states (maybe NJ is one of them) where you can't find a decent used hunting rifle that is just what your lookin for. My one buddy has about 4 extra guns all with scopes sighted in hangin up at the camp for anyone who wants to use one. I have thought of trying a different gun of his, maybe I would have better luck findin a huge rack.....or even a rubber suitted big foot! What a hoax that deal was. Nothin like keepin the spotlight on the good guy hunters when they fake a BF or a huge 8 foot hog shot with a pistol by a 12 yr old....makes us good guys look like idiots to the anti's.

So I say ..... . .. . . . . we must vote for the new girl. She supports all of our sports, we should return the favor if possible!
    Mean Joe Biden thinks because he was a "scrappy" boy who grew up in Scranton, he has PA voters in his back pocket.
    The real story is that he moved away to De. at about age 10 or 11 so what favors do we owe him?

He authored the original Brady Bill back in 70's and he has a perfect record of voting in favor of every anti-gun bill. Hasn't missed a one of them...100% anti gun....that proves he was not in PA very long!
    I don't think PA is very proud of him!

Vote - McCain - / - Palin * * * * * If you want to keep your guns. If NObama is elected, they will have every vote needet to take every last gun away from us. We can't let that happen........Sorry, I just get so pissed when I think of this. I should take it to another forum.

Anyway, I think it's a great idea that we all get registered to vote this year because if you haven't heard yet, we have someone good to vote for in Sarah Palin. She is a life member of the NRA, hunts, shoots and fishes and tell sthe bad guys to go find another job!!!

(Montgomery County)

NJ residents are required to have a FOIC card in order to purchase a long gun in Pa.

JB

Anyone know how this would apply to an AR-15 purchase in PA for a NY resident? Is there any pre-ban stuff available in this state seeing as it doesn't matter here?
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL