Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: US COURT: BAN ON GUN SALES TO MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARDHOLDERS DOES NOT VIOLATE 2ND

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    The kind of medical marijuana Pa is going to allow doesn't get you high. If original intent is applied, having the card and using the medicine should be ok except for the federal part and the way it is written. Drug law and gun law both need rewriting. Whom would you trust to write it?
    Liquid pot is different.
    As you say, you aren't getting high from it.

Will people in PA need a card?
    I didn't think so, it will just be a prescription.

These states that allow potheads to find a doctor to pay off so they can legally wander around with joints or a bong are the problem.
    Actual pharmaceutical products like oils and patches are in a different class IMO.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: US COURT: BAN ON GUN SALES TO MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARDHOLDERS DOES NOT VIOLATE 2ND

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Whom would you trust to write it?
    Thomas Jefferson.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
    The question asks "Are you an unlawful user.." NOT "Are you, or were you ever an unlawful user.." so I suspect that if you were never convicted of anything which would ban you from purchasing, the only "proof" that you are a current unlawful drug user, (according to the 9th Circuit at least), is either by answering "yes" to the question, or by owning a marijuana card. So, in their ruling, if the card goes away, then your rights can be restored.

Interesting that this ruling only affects states within the 9th Circuit's jurisdiction, so in states like Pennsylvania which has legal medical marijuana looming, the issue has not been decided yet.
    So, if one has neither a MMJ card or a joint in their hand at the moment, one can truthfully answer:

"No, I am not an unlawful user"

?

Normally this might seem odd, but it is .gov and it's strange interpretations and practices we're discussing.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by claudel View Post
    So, if one has neither a MMJ card or a joint in their hand at the moment, one can truthfully answer:

"No, I am not an unlawful user"

?.
    Well no. I suppose a little common sense should prevail here. When I was a cigarette smoker, I considered myself a smoker regardless of whether or not I was smoking at any one point in time. Soon after I decided to quit smoking for good, I considered myself a non-smoker. Simply put, you're a user until you are no longer a user. Legally speaking however, the states under the 9th Circuit's jurisdiction should have no compelling interest or statutory authority to investigate whether or not a person is lying if they answer the question "no" AND if they do not own a marijuana card AND if they pass the background check..
    Last edited by TSimonetti; September 4th, 2016 at 11:29 PM.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltrap View Post
    Fuck man....just look at question 11e. on the form 4473 you fill out and sign when you purchase a firearm from a dealer. It says: Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance? Of course....this is a "complex" sentence and ask several questions in one sentence. So, to simplify it...one question it ask is this: Are you an unlawful user of marijuana... Well, for FEDERAL purposes, anyone who currently uses marijuana is using it unlawfully. Even though it may be legal in a state, it is still illegal under Federal law. So, if you answer it "yes" your not going to get the firearm. If you answer the question "NO", you have just committed a Felony. I'm not busting your balls.....I'm just stating the facts. And I'm NOT an attorney....so this is NOT a legal opinion. Just sayin.....
    Pretty clear what the question on the forms is.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    The only thing a pot smoker is going to murder is a Kit-Kat bar.
    623f8b4552990000ede23ca5ea56a505.jpg

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567