Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: US COURT: BAN ON GUN SALES TO MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARDHOLDERS DOES NOT VIOLATE 2ND

NO! That's not what this is about- Read carefully. The person that brought this suit had their Medical Marijuana card but did not use marijuana. They didn't lie on their 4473.

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    I have no dog in this fight but you guys are comparing recreational activities that are deemed legal by the Feds to an illegal one on a federal level. This is open and shut case to me I till pot is no longer a federally banned substance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeltrap View Post
    Fuck man....just look at question 11e. on the form 4473 you fill out and sign when you purchase a firearm from a dealer. It says: Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance? Of course....this is a "complex" sentence and ask several questions in one sentence. So, to simplify it...one question it ask is this: Are you an unlawful user of marijuana... Well, for FEDERAL purposes, anyone who currently uses marijuana is using it unlawfully. Even though it may be legal in a state, it is still illegal under Federal law. So, if you answer it "yes" your not going to get the firearm. If you answer the question "NO", you have just committed a Felony. I'm not busting your balls.....I'm just stating the facts. And I'm NOT an attorney....so this is NOT a legal opinion. Just sayin.....
    Last edited by donotknowme; September 1st, 2016 at 07:18 AM.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Berks County)

Default Re: US COURT: BAN ON GUN SALES TO MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARDHOLDERS DOES NOT VIOLATE 2ND

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltrap View Post
    Fuck man....just look at question 11e. on the form 4473 you fill out and sign when you purchase a firearm from a dealer. It says: Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance? Of course....this is a "complex" sentence and ask several questions in one sentence. So, to simplify it...one question it ask is this: Are you an unlawful user of marijuana... Well, for FEDERAL purposes, anyone who currently uses marijuana is using it unlawfully. Even though it may be legal in a state, it is still illegal under Federal law. So, if you answer it "yes" your not going to get the firearm. If you answer the question "NO", you have just committed a Felony. I'm not busting your balls.....I'm just stating the facts. And I'm NOT an attorney....so this is NOT a legal opinion. Just sayin.....
    That pretty much covers it. You can disagree with the entire 4473, but this marijuana prohibition is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Now wait, who didn't see this from the get go? You'd have to be stoned to think it would work any other way.
    Absolutely, lol.

(Berks County)

Bizzaro World is here....................
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Get your congress critters to remove marijuana from the federal list, unless you want to pick and choose what laws you like and don't. Liberals like to pick and choose gun laws they like and don't.
    you have to pick guns or weed. the ones that would vote for weed also want to ban guns. so pick which is more important to you. also remember that once/if weed is legalized they will mandate all the same crap be added to it like they did with tobacco .

(Allegheny County)

What about states that permit private transactions for handguns?
    What about states that permit private transactions for long guns?

No FFL involve = no federal form = no problem (unless of course you are a prohibited person).
    Toujours prêt

(Lehigh County)

If these people have a medical marijuana card then how are they an "illegal user"? This is the part that confuses me. And in some of the states ruled by the 9th circuit recreational use is legal so again, how are they "illegal users"?

I tend to skim articles so perhaps I'm missing something or misunderstanding something.

I have never smoke dope and am not even a proponent of making it legal so I have no horse here, but this just sounds convoluted to me

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by rckeystone View Post
    If these people have a medical marijuana card then how are they an "illegal user"? This is the part that confuses me. And in some of the states ruled by the 9th circuit recreational use is legal so again, how are they "illegal users"?

I tend to skim articles so perhaps I'm missing something or misunderstanding something.

I have never smoke dope and am not even a proponent of making it legal so I have no horse here, but this just sounds convoluted to me

It is simple. It's not legal federally. It is a federal prohibitor.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    It is simple. It's not legal federally. It is a federal prohibitor.
    And there ya go. Thanks Ron.
    Obviously my thinking cap is out of batteries

Quote Originally Posted by rckeystone View Post

its still illegal on a federal level

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    its still illegal on a federal level
    Thanks. See previous post on thinking cap lol

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast