Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: ATF Reclassifies Wetted Nitrocellulose as HIGH EXPLOSIVE Under Federal Law

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    My read....manufacturers and shippers will need to obtain licensing to do so. Costs will be passed on to the commercial consumer and to the taxpayer in military needs. Did I miss something?
    Yeah - suppliers and mfgrs are not set up at the moment to be able to comply with the new regs. They're halting the ability of mfgrs to keep the shelves full 2 months out from the most critical election in a lifetime. They know that come the beginning of October, people will start buying everything gun related that they can get their hands on. Drive supply down NOW, so that by the time the run on supplies really ramps up, the shelves are already empty.

Maybe I'm wearing my tin foil hat a bit too tight these days, but I would say that's the plan.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Elk County)

Default Re: ATF Reclassifies Wetted Nitrocellulose as HIGH EXPLOSIVE Under Federal Law

Powder manufacturers could take the Barrett approach in response -- .GOV and .MIL ammo uses smokeless powder, too.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Powder manufacturers could take the Barrett approach in response -- .GOV and .MIL ammo uses smokeless powder, too.

Noah

Yes, BUT---

Powder mfgrs don't supply directly to .GOV, they supply to ammo mfgrs. As part of their license to manufacture ammo, they must agree to fulfill .GOV orders before manufacturing ammo for the rest of us mere peasants. SO, if let's say Hodgdon wanted to take a stand, they would freeze all shipments of powder to say the Winchester ammo plant. All of the powder that Winchester DOES have in their magazines would still need to be used to fulfill .GOV contracts; meaning no ammo on the shelves for the peasants. It would take a joint effort between ammo makers and powder suppliers to do what Ronnie did.

Do you remember the bull shit that flew when Gibson USA endorsed Romney? Tell me why federal agents need to storm a guitar production facility with guns draw, over some imported lumber that someone has a paperwork question about. If that's the response that they had over the legality of imported lumber, I wouldn't put it past them to firebomb the whole city where the powder manufactures call home.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Chester County)

Well they haven't been able to take away our guns, so now they are circumventing the legislative process and using agency regs to take away our ammo. Guns are pretty useless without ammo. When was the last time smokeless powder caused deaths by exploding? I'll bet it is a rare as hen's teeth.

(York County)

Since when have "rules" been given the same weight as law? Even with EO's, those affected have a legal right to file a lawsuit and ask a judge for a stay until it is heard by a Court and/or judge?
    Lower your expectations to zero and you'll never be disappointed.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlnzz1 View Post
    Since when have "rules" been given the same weight as law? Even with EO's, those affected have a legal right to file a lawsuit and ask a judge for a stay until it is heard by a Court and/or judge?
    I agree, but we've allowed Fed agencies to become way too powerful, and in effect they can legislate through regulations. EPA, IRS, BATF, Interior, etc, all way to powerful.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post

Noah
    Lets not forget LEO agencies.

(Berks County)

The way I'm reading this, we won't see anything major on the consumer end. This pertains to the storage & record keeping of the material prior to it becoming smokeless powder. Since powder manufacturers already have federal explosive licenses, this will impact the practice of using unlicensed storage vendors. There will also be more red tape associated with manufacturing, but I don't think this will mean drastically high ammo prices or shortages. It's just another useless hoop for people who make smokeless powder to jump through.

I'm pretty sure you can loosen that tinfoil hat, at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by theunrulychef View Post
    The way I'm reading this, we won't see anything major on the consumer end. This pertains to the storage & record keeping of the material prior to it becoming smokeless powder. Since powder manufacturers already have federal explosive licenses, this will impact the practice of using unlicensed storage vendors. There will also be more red tape associated with manufacturing, but I don't think this will mean drastically high ammo prices or shortages. It's just another useless hoop for people who make smokeless powder to jump through.

I'm pretty sure you can loosen that tinfoil hat, at least for now.
    This.

This change in reg's has nothing to do with smokeless powder once it's manufactured.

Quote Originally Posted by MedicCop View Post
    This.

This change in reg's has nothing to do with smokeless powder once it's manufactured.
    This is only being reported by two gun centric sites and firearm forums and is nowhere in mainstream media. Yet! The jury is out as to its effect on ammo production or nail polish remover for that matter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast