Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Who has a fn 5.7?

Was really excited to get the latest generation without ever handling one aaaannnnddd.....I hated it. Its big. Bigger than you might expect with strange proportions to the grip. Its also covered entirely in plastic. and a cheap feeling plastic. I know the slide is metal but its covered in a layer of plastic and for my taste, makes the gun feel cheap even though its quite expensive. As others have stated, the safety position is odd and takes a minimal amount of time to get used to. Again, ammo is expensive.

For me, it just felt like shooting a cheap .22, and for some, thats not a bad thing. For me, it was a deal breaker. I really really wanted to like this gun but I didn't. So I sold it and broke even. Your experience is likely to differ.

Just my two cents. Hope its not too late to help.

(Chester County)

The Sportsmans Shop in East Earl has one in their rental case.

(Allegheny County)

Just wanted to add I got a armscor 22TCM similar capability round but in a 1911 format. Pleasure to shoot and very fun. Ammo is just as expensive as 5.7 though I understand it is easier to reload?

Anyway, check them out...very nice guns for the money and you get the bonus of a 9mm conversion (barrel and extractor) should you want to burn some parabellum.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by IrocGuns View Post
    Just wanted to add I got a armscor 22TCM similar capability round but in a 1911 format. Pleasure to shoot and very fun. Ammo is just as expensive as 5.7 though I understand it is easier to reload?
    Well I can promise you that there is no way in hell it could be harder to reload!

(Philadelphia County)

Definitely not to late. Too rich for my blood. I just want to handle one and shoot it to see if I want to make that plunge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12