Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: PPU 9mm

(Lancaster County)

Default PPU 9mm

I have seen alot of people saying they won't shoot this. This stuff is still 14.97 a box of 50 at wallyworld which baffles me. I have shot over 10,000 rounds of the 115 and 124 grain PPU and we love it. I have never had a bad round and never had a problem shooting it in our Sigs,CZs and even my Kimber ultra carry I just got. Seems a little underpowered compared to some but always cycles. I started using this stuff about 2 years ago when I won several cases on Gunbroker for under $200 each shipped. Since then I scour the internet to find it cheapish. I was just at the range and the guy beside me told me he would never put a round of PPU in his gun. Just trying to see why alot of people refuse to shoot it.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: PPU 9mm

Never heard that one. I've used it in lots of stuff. Seems to work fine for plinking ammo and as a bonus it boosts my brass reserves.

(Tioga County)

Have no problems with PPU and they make a lot of calibers in large supply others don't or will do military FMJ loadings of cartridges like 6.5 Swede or 30-06.

They make decent ammunition and already mentioned they produce odd or hard to find calibers for a good price compared to finding old corrosive and expensive surplus. The only knock I would give them is on their "match" grade offerings while they are a little bit better then their standard loads they are far from what I would consider match grade.

People tend to be ignorant of what things really are and believe regurgitated crap spread by other ignorant people. Fact is there are a lot of hammer heads that would rather shoot their good old WWB garbage then something made in another country like PPU which is far better and even cheaper in most cases. I stopped arguing with gun know it all's and morons if they cannot back it up with facts then it just pure uneducated speculation.

What has been said by others. I've used a lot of PPU and have not had any trouble. It shoots clean and is on target. Because it does not have a label their grandfather used, it must be no good. Most of them have never tried it and don't want to because it's strange. I, like a little strange, every now and then.
    20 years USN - OSC

(Indiana County)

Never had a problem with ppu.
    Not in 9mm or other.

I love the 5.56 in the white generic boxes.

(Berks County)

In 40 the PPU cut group size in my glock 23 in half from what I was getting from WWB. And it was much cleaner. And it's cheaper.

They make some nice 9x18 Makarov ammo as well. I have never heard anything bad about PPU ammo.

(Bucks County)

Never used their 9mm but I have shot a lot of the rifle ammo.

The .303 is excellent, especially for the price.

The 5.56 is good stuff too. Wasn't impressed with the .223 in the blue boxes. Not that it's bad, but nothing to write home about.

They have a lot of the hard to find oddball rounds too.