Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Butler County)

Default 11th annual antique firearms and Indian artifact show September 3rd Jefferson County

See attachment
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: 11th annual antique firearms and Indian artifact show September 3rd Jefferson Cou

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: 11th annual antique firearms and Indian artifact show September 3rd Jefferson Cou

Will there be jerky and fudge, and do I have to shower beforehand?

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(McKean County)

Is this worth stopping by?

I'll be coming up from Cranberry, just wonder if it's worth the drive. Prof
    The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by professor9 View Post
    Is this worth stopping by?

I'll be coming up from Cranberry, just wonder if it's worth the drive. Prof
    If you don't mind parting with $7 to view ~50 to 60 tables of flintlocks, percussion, arrowheads, poorly written fictional ghost stories and other local author books, knives, old muzzleloader parts, flints, animal skins, and maybe the odd post-1898 Savage 99, Winchester 94, Marlin levergun, Colt SAA, or WWI bolt action rifle it might be worth the 1.5 hrs one way drive on a holiday weekend. Takes about 20-30 mins to see it all.

BUT, about 5 mi north of the show on PA 28 is the World Famous in Pennsylvania "HAZEN FLEA MARKET" at the Warsaw Twp VFD. Pretty huge, with acres of hundreds of tables of God knows what cheap Chinese merchandise, old housewares collected by bottom-feeder pickers who end up with the dregs leftovers from yard sales, cheap Chinese tools, some genuine and not so genuine antiques, fresh lemonade, funnel cakes, and a few dealers with used long guns, exhorbitantly priced. Costs between $2 and $3 to park, depending on whose yard or field it is.

But hey, you already wasted the fuel, $7 admission to the old arms show, and 3 hrs minimum total driving time; you may as well waste another coupla bucks, have a funnel cake or buy a bag of kettle corn, walk around acres of junk, and waste the rest of the day. Weather's supposed to be pleasant. Wear sunscreen. Have fun!

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Bucks County)

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    . . . with more than a fair amount of reality.

After all, how could I describe what I did if I hadn't been to both venues before? Minus the 3 hr drive and funnel cake, but I did opt for the lemonade.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(McKean County)

Thanks guys! Good comeback!

I now have to drop daughter C off at PSU to spend weekend with daughter A, then head to Chautauqua, which is right through there.... Hmmmm
    The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    If you don't mind parting with $7 to view ~50 to 60 the ables of flintlocks, percussion, arrowheads, poorly written fictional ghost stories and other local author books, knives, old muzzleloader parts, flints, animal skins, and maybe the odd post-1898 Savage 99, Winchester 94, Marlin levergun, Colt SAA, or WWI bolt action rifle it might be worth the 1.5 hrs one way drive on a holiday weekend. Takes about 20-30 mins to see it all.

BUT, about 5 mi north of the show on PA 28 is the World Famous in Pennsylvania "HAZEN FLEA MARKET" at the Warsaw Twp VFD. Pretty huge, with acres of hundreds of tables of God knows what cheap Chinese merchandise, old housewares collected by bottom-feeder pickers who end up with the dregs leftovers from yard sales, cheap Chinese tools, some genuine and not so genuine antiques, fresh lemonade, funnel cakes, and a few dealers with used long guns, exhorbitantly priced. Costs between $2 and $3 to park, depending on whose yard or field it is.

But hey, you already wasted the fuel, $7 admission to the old arms show, and 3 hrs minimum total driving time; you may as well waste another coupla bucks, have a funnel cake or buy a bag of kettle corn, walk around acres of junk, and waste the rest of the day. Weather's supposed to be pleasant. Wear sunscreen. Have fun!

Noah
    My wife is into BP and all this kind of stuff, so we went: I took a good hour to see what I wanted, then watched, my wife spent 3 hours or a bit more and was very happy. (good for me). Did not have time to get up to the flea market. Bummer is I did not win the replica muzzleloader. Long day for us, but hey if it makes the wife happy, that gives me room for future silliness. There were actually some well known names in their field there, who I recognized.