Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ar pistol

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Ar pistol

I would think it would be either in the gas system.. or the bolt./or BCG Try a different BCG from an AR that runs well.. and see if that changes anything????

(Allegheny County)

I'll have to keep and eye on this because I'm waiting on the last part to arrive and I can finally assemble my pistol.

I don't anticipate any issues though. How hard is it to screw one of these up?
    If there are any problems, I'll hit it with my bripro hammer.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I'll have to keep and eye on this because I'm waiting on the last part to arrive and I can finally assemble my pistol.

I don't anticipate any issues though. How hard is it to screw one of these up?
    If there are any problems, I'll hit it with my bripro hammer.
    It's not that bad. My first ar build was an ar pistol (later turned sbr), and wasn't hard at all.

(York County)

Just make sure the hole in the gas block lines up with the port in the barrel, and you should be fine. You run into problems when you use a free float GB on a M16 style handgaurd. Free float GB's are intended to be used flush with the bbl shoulder on builds using a free float handguard. If you use these type GB on a M16 style handguard, the retainer plate pushes the block out of alignment and the GB has to be either replaced with the correct type, or have material removed from the side that touches the retainer to get the holes to line up. Had this issue on a 300blk build. Milling down the GB fixed it (was not locking back on last round, and stove piping).

The other way around (GB speced for handguard used on a free float) is easier to fix, just have to use a feeler guage to set the gap when you secure the GB.

Hope this is of some help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12