Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Anyone attend the GDS Fair?

Despite it being a gun free zone, anyone attend or enter any exhibits?

Default Re: Anyone attend the GDS Fair?

Only gun free if its not concealed ! Same old stuff year after year,but if you have nothing better to do go an pay them a visit ! Same with the westend fair ! Now Lake Wally Fest starts tommorrow with some different things to interest some of us but expect the NY NJ Tourists to be in abundance !Might sound a bit negative so I will call Frontier Airlines for any specials advertised ! This is just my opinion for what its worth ! Now Kundalas in Hamlin offers agreat feast of Ribs and barbecue !

(Delaware County)

The annual Gelatinous Diaphanous Snot fair? Is this some sort of booger shooting competition?
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Wayne County)

Yeah, well we man the soda stand for Scouts for a lot of the week, plus youngest and I are having a throw down as to whose jerky recipe is better. So if y'all are around, let me know and I'll keep an eye out.

And Gman...your from close to my growing up (read growing older...I will not grow up) stomping grounds...that's why you are thrown by the Greene Dreher Sterling (GDS) acronym...but I suppose you could be close...

(Wayne County)

Oh, and MD2...plenty of ribs already here. Nothing against Kundulas, but I prefer my supplier...my dad the hunter that can not eat all he gets, and has his butcher handle it and saves it for when I visit...along with tuna and dolphin, etc.

I'm in the meat cave trying to restock jerky for the upcoming week...I need more machines!

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
    Despite it being a gun free zone, anyone attend or enter any exhibits?
    If you have kids, this is the best fair in the area by far. A good amount of rides for toddlers and young'ns, but a decent amount for older kids/adults. Yes, most of the vendors and rides are the same year after year, but 1. You know what to expect, and 2. You aren't disappointed by a new crappy vendor/ride company.

The Wayne County Fair has more and better agricultural shows like cattle sales, etc., which I enjoy, but he GDS arena shows are pretty decent. I'll probably drop the kids off this weekend and then we'll probably do a family night for the demolition derby. I love that shit!

And the nicest thing is that it is one price entry to cover all rides. So if you drop the kids off, they can ride all day and all night for something like $8. You can't beat that.

You should go.

But know that it is located on school property, so adjust your carry accordingly.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Wayne County)

We've been going for several years. Kids have outgrown most of therides, but as Scouts, this is their big fundraiser, and they love to work, soooo, we go and work the stand, and will probably take one evening to do some rides, get a funnel cake, etc. Just curipus if any other members were going to be around so a chance to meet could occur.

(Wayne County)

At the GDS Fair today...

Kiddos...our two and their buddy

Trump Truck

The was one lady walking around with a "Pike for Hillary" sign...she didn't get much of positive reaction...

(Wayne County)

Well, all good things come to an end.

Took the kids and some friends to drop them off and fart around with my younger daughter. Things looked a little different when we got to the parking area. It didn't appear to be the same bunch running the lot. Not very organized. No biggie. Walked over to the school and as we're standing in line they have three cops manning the gate. As we get about four people from buying our tickets to get in the one cop yells out "If you have any pocket knives, take them back to your car now! No knives allowed!" Never seen that before.

Well, if I'm gonna have to walk back to the car, it isn't going to be to come back again without a pocket knife. Country fairs are where you go to buy a pocket knife, not walk around without one.

Looks like we won't be going back to GDS again. How sad.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Wayne County)

Yup, they clipped mine, saw the belt clip... I let them hold it for me...but they didn't check my back pack?

Truly sad, but we have commitments to the Troop.

Was hoping to meet you...well, some other time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast