Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Indiana County)

Default Academy Sports-Credit Card Info Stolen!

A warning to any of you who order online from Academy Sports.
    I place an order for $96 worth of ammo on August 9th.
    This morning I received calls from both FedEx Ground and my Mastercard issuer regarding odd activity. The Fed Ex call was regarding three packages from Academy Sports which were billed to my address but being delivered in Boston, Mass.! they were signature required, but the phone number they were given at the delivery address didn't match. Then a message from Mastercard.

I called Mastercard and there were five fraudulent charges made to my account starting the day I placed my first-and now I guarantee you LAST-order from Academy Sports online.
    So glad FedEx and the MC issuer have good fraud prevention practices. The scumbag who stole my account info charged a bunch of expensive tennis shoes at several different websites.

So, in closing, if you've done business with Academy Sports recently, please check your credit card statements carefully!
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER, GOA, SAF, PAFOA

(Berks County)

Default Re: Academy Sports-Credit Card Info Stolen!

Where were you? Home cable/land line of some kind or wi-fi or cell phone, some hot spot? Are you fire walled and virus protected? Lots of vulnerable links in the Internet chain.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Where were you? Home cable/land line of some kind or wi-fi or cell phone, some hot spot? Are you fire walled and virus protected? Lots of vulnerable links in the Internet chain.
    The above is very true plus any website can be hacked so I wouldn't be so quick to condemn academy. I don't do any business online other than paying a few bills. If I can't purchase from a local source I don't need it and I don't mind paying a little more if the local shop is more expensive.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Comcast cable, SSL lock showing on website.
    Why I believe it is Academy's fault-the first fraudulent order is for Academy merchandise.
    CC is cancelled.
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER, GOA, SAF, PAFOA