Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Question Question about Wicens Shooting Range

Does anyone know if they allow drawing and shooting from the holster?

Last time i was there, the rso kept telling me to place the finger on the trigger only when i was lined up with the target. Well, i was doing that and i had no intentions of poking holes in any of the benches. I did get over it and had a great time but just wanted to know if i could draw and shoot standing up from the benches next time i was there....if i cant, then i will go some place i can and go to wicens to sight in the rifles, maybe some skeet, etc.

Metz? maybe you can help me out here?
    Last edited by TheTailhound; August 10th, 2016 at 04:13 PM. Reason: too many etc.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Question about Wicens Shooting Range

I don't think that is going to fly there. They didn't even like when I was doing dry fire drills to warm up. Which consisted of shooting a round dropping the mag, shooting another round then dry firing. Putting the mag back in and proceed from there. My firearm never left my hand and stayed pointing down range the entire time with my finger off the trigger. I "think" it made the range officer uncomfortable that I would drop the mag and put it back on my hip then put the mag back in to start the next round.

So yeah I can't possible see them being okay with you drawling from a holster, if they didn't approve of my simple drill.
    He asked if I was a LEO, which I'm not. So I wonder if he would of let me proceed if I was.....

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by goforbroke View Post
    I don't think that is going to fly there. They didn't even like when I was doing dry fire drills to warm up. Which consisted of shooting a round dropping the mag, shooting another round then dry firing. Putting the mag back in and proceed from there. My firearm never left my hand and stayed pointing down range the entire time with my finger off the trigger. I "think" it made the range officer uncomfortable that I would drop the mag and put it back on my hip then put the mag back in to start the next round.

So yeah I can't possible see them being okay with you drawling from a holster, if they didn't approve of my simple drill.
    He asked if I was a LEO, which I'm not. So I wonder if he would of let me proceed if I was.....
    WTF is up with that? I was asked the same question too. I do the chamber a round, drop mag, shoot and then dry fire drill all the time to check my flinching. I did it about 50 times and i was asked that question.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTailhound View Post
    WTF is up with that? I was asked the same question too. I do the chamber a round, drop mag, shoot and then dry fire drill all the time to check my flinching. I did it about 50 times and i was asked that question.
    I guess it must be common practice. Even though I've never seen anyone do these drills we are doing before at any range...hehe.
    At least the range officers are cool and friendly to a certain point.
    Any time I've seen someone drawl from a holster at any of the indoor ranges I've been to they stop them immediately....IF they see it.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by goforbroke View Post
    I guess it must be common practice. Even though I've never seen anyone do these drills we are doing before at any range...hehe.
    At least the range officers are cool and friendly to a certain point.
    Any time I've seen someone drawl from a holster at any of the indoor ranges I've been to they stop them immediately....IF they see it.
    The first thing i taught myself a couple of years ago. been practicing it ever since. I will be headed out there this weekend. Will only bring the AR out though. Going to try and shoot irons all the way out to a 100 yards.

(Pike County)

Sorry, not affiliated with those people anymore and wouldnt even dare to speculate, what their new batch of RSOs is up to.
    Je suis déplorable

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Sorry, not affiliated with those people anymore and wouldnt even dare to speculate, what their new batch of RSOs is up to.
    have I seen you there when I shot there last year?

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTailhound View Post
    have I seen you there when I shot there last year?
    Doubtful.
    Je suis déplorable