Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: Any county where I can apply for and receive license by mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayright View Post
    Don't even bring a small pocket knife. If you wear a belt with a metal buckle, they will make you take it off and your pants will fall down. Put a piece of rope around your waist. That's what I will do the next time I have to run their gauntlet at the front entrance. Everybody is a terrorist until you've been rendered completely helpless.
    I've never had to remove my belt and leave it behind. The pocket knife thing sucks as well. Although last time I was there, the guard let me check a small knife with my firearm and keep it in the same locker. I don't know if they all would do that or not.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Shouldn't be a problem. I know for residents, it's about a 15-20 minute process depending on how many people are there. They do ask for references, but I don't know of any that have ever been called. As was said above, bring your N.Y.permit, and the name/number/adress of people to use as a reference. The sheriffs office is upstairs in the court house. Do not bring your cell phone in with you. They will make you take it back to the car.
    Cell phone back to your car? I don't remember being sent back to my car. From jury instructions:

Cell phones, computers, or other electronic devices may be used during breaks or recesses, but may never be used to obtain or disclose information about the case. NOTE: A juror who violates this rule may be found in contempt of court and sanctioned. Sanctions may include, but are not limited to, the confiscation of the electronic device.

(Delaware County)

I had a P38 on my keychain and had to check my keys at the door of the Delaware County courthouse. I said seriously. The guard said it has a blade. I guess I don't know the trick to use it as a deadly weapon. Meanwhile I continued on with a tactical pen. Security theater at it's finest.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    Cell phone back to your car? I don't remember being sent back to my car. From jury instructions:

Cell phones, computers, or other electronic devices may be used during breaks or recesses, but may never be used to obtain or disclose information about the case. NOTE: A juror who violates this rule may be found in contempt of court and sanctioned. Sanctions may include, but are not limited to, the confiscation of the electronic device.
    http://www.lyco.org/Portals/1/Courts...one%20Memo.pdf

Here's a link to the pdf from the court house web page. The official policy took effect 1/1/16.

For those that don't like links here's the just of it.

The judges of the 29th Judicial District in conjunction with the Lycoming County commissioners will prohibit anyone (except those given exceptions) from entering the courthouse with a cellphone and other electronic recording devices as of Jan. 1, 2015.
    Security personnel have been instructed not to allow entrance to the building by the general public who are carrying these devices. This has been adopted by formal resolution of the Lycoming County commissioners on Dec. 18, 2014. The sheriff’s department and security personnel will enforce this policy as outlined above.
    Exceptions include: (1) Lycoming County employees with the proper identification card; (2) law enforcement officers conducting business in the courthouse; (3) attorneys who present an approved court pass and photo identification; and, (4) agency workers, who are doing regular and continuous Court business who present an approved court pass and photo identification.
    This policy is being instituted in order to improve security in and around the courthouse for the employees and general public. Cooperation is greatly appreciated.
    They will not hold/check a cell phone for you, even if you are checking a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayright View Post
    If you wear a belt with a metal buckle, they will make you take it off and your pants will fall down.
    Then they arrest you for indecent exposure.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    http://www.lyco.org/Portals/1/Courts...one%20Memo.pdf

Here's a link to the pdf from the court house web page. The official policy took effect 1/1/16.

For those that don't like links here's the just of it.

They will not hold/check a cell phone for you, even if you are checking a firearm.
    That's Lycoming County. The OP is in western NY. Why would he go to Lycoming County?

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by db4570 View Post
    How's Lycoming County? I may be going there soon.

David
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    That's Lycoming County. The OP is in western NY. Why would he go to Lycoming County?
    See above^^^

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12