Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Washington County Gun Show Jan 7 & 8th 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltrap View Post
    I'm going on Sunday. I'm hoping to run into Empty Mag so I can take him to the Dick's table and show him all of the new golf equipment.

LOL!

I already boycott the PCGA gun show because the guy running it operates(operated?) gun buy backs in the city along with the antis.

Don't ruin the Washington county show for me too!

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    LOL!

I already boycott the PCGA gun show because the guy running it operates(operated?) gun buy backs in the city along with the antis.

Don't ruin the Washington county show for me too!

Man you like boycotts lol.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Man you like boycotts lol.
    Yeah, I guess.
    I like guns. I don't like people who don't support gun ownership.

(Westmoreland County)

Any nice surplus rifles at the show?

It was crowded. I wasn't expecting the size of the crowd. I bought Kettle Corn and some hotsauce. Most of the vendors were out of their minds on pricing on guns and reloading components. I missed seeing Matt from custom cast bullets as he is usually one of the best prices.

Before anyone tries to say I am being picky on prices; yes I know you pay for your tables and have to drag everything to the show. However I really don't think competing with Gander Mountain for prices on primers and powder is where you want to be to move sales. I can go to GM every day of the week to get primers for $39.99 per 1k and don't have to pay $7 to do so.

(Beaver County)

I had a great show today. Sold a bunch of stuff. Seen some Camp-9 mags for 20 bucks. Sold a bunch of bullets, shot, and wads today. probly sold 15 ammo cans. Dragging more ammo cans and bullets out tomorrow.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Washington County Gun Show September 24th & 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Mmmm... gun show...
    EM, I just wanted to let you know that I went.....and a very nice Winchester '94 built in 1953 in 32 Special followed me home. The blueing is about 95%, the wood is very good with no cracks and the usual dings here and there, but not rough for a rifle of that age. The fellow said a woman came to his shop with her late husbands firearms to dispose of and this was one of them. It also "already" had a Williams peep sight on it and the buckhorn replacement blank. Heck....that saved me $60 right there!! I've been perusing for a Win 94 in that caliber. My late Grandmother (yes....grandma) used a Win 94 in 32 Special her entire life for deer. The dies are already on order!! And I have a box of bullets on the shelf. Brass is coming too.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltrap View Post
    EM, I just wanted to let you know that I went.....and a very nice Winchester '94 built in 1953 in 32 Special followed me home. The blueing is about 95%, the wood is very good with no cracks and the usual dings here and there, but not rough for a rifle of that age. The fellow said a woman came to his shop with her late husbands firearms to dispose of and this was one of them. It also "already" had a Williams peep sight on it and the buckhorn replacement blank. Heck....that saved me $60 right there!! I've been perusing for a Win 94 in that caliber. My late Grandmother (yes....grandma) used a Win 94 in 32 Special her entire life for deer. The dies are already on order!! And I have a box of bullets on the shelf. Brass is coming too.

Nice.
    I sold my 94 in 32 Spcl last year (or the year before?) in the fall when I needed money.
    Nice rifle and I hated to sell, but I don't hunt and I also have a Marlin 30-30 which is much more affordable to feed, so the Winchester was the one to go.

Enjoy!

(Allegheny County)

This is by far the best show to buy ammo! However, you have to HUNT and mean really look for it! Dont buy from the big ammo dealers, its the little guys with a few boxes on the table that are the best. I love the guy with the $2 table! he had 5rd packages of ammo. Boguth all of his 308, 3006 and 30-30. Thats $8 a box!!!!! How can you beat that for brass ammo! Tried his stuff before and only 1 failure. picked more 30-30 up for $10 a box and dug through the 3rds for $1 guys box, found a bunch of 44mag, 308, 300-06, 7mm. I mean you cant beat it!

Gun prices were a bit high. however, I missed a really good deal, went back to buy it and someone was walking away form the table with it went I returned, dang it!

(Butler County)

New dates April 8th and 9th

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast