Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default The Pennsylvania Gun Collectors Gun Show Sept. 16-17, 2017 Butler County

Last edited by mpyingling22; July 20th, 2017 at 08:29 PM.

(Butler County)

Default Re: The Pennsylvania Gun Collectors Gun Show September 17th & 18th Butler County

Bump.....

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: The Pennsylvania Gun Collectors Gun Show September 17th & 18th Butler County

How has this show been lately? Is it worth the $8.00 admission?

(Lawrence County)

I go every time, and it's usually better than the Monroeville show.

(Allegheny County)

Wow. Where can I begin on how crappy this show has become.

Let's start with the venue. There's no air conditioning. It's not that it doesn't work. It doesn't exist. So mix that heat with the non-showering types, and you have a wonderful atmosphere!

Oh and if you want your food handled by women with dirty hands, this is your place. The women do not wear gloves. They take your germ-filled, dirty money and then handle your food! Yum!

Lots of empty tables. Also vendors were cleaning up two hours prior to close on Sunday, which I think is against PGCA rules. But I guess if I had to sit in that heat all weekend, I'd want to leave early as well.

There's so many better places to hold this show. I have heard Pittsburgh Mills wants too much for the old Sears space. Understandable. And Century III Mall in West Mifflin was supposedly investigated, but I believe they turned the PGCA down because of their anti-gun stance. There are other abandoned stores around the West Mifflin area that could serve as a venue, such as the old Roomful Express in Century Square (I think it's air conditioned!).

I will give them credit for keeping out the fudge dealers, gutter guards and the like.

Hopefully a director reads this, but I doubt it.

(Indiana County)

I was there once last year and yes the funk is strong with that place. I think I had to walk around K-Mart twice to get the odor out of my nose which is saying something.

(Butler County)

I ran through pretty quick but found exactly what I was looking for! I bought a police-issue Walther Model 4 a couple weeks ago and was looking for a used-but-not-abused and cheap original WWII police holster for it. I'm cleaning the black shoe polish out of the white stitching now and have some restoration all cotton thread on the way for my first attempt at stitch repair so one of the flaps doesn't fall off. Guess I got lucky. I did need to sit down for a time though because of the heat. I'm glad autumn is finally here!
    Dave

(Butler County)

New show November 5th & 6th

(Butler County)

(Westmoreland County)

Bump for the weekend. Oh and of any of you are members of the PGCA; Saturday Evening, right after the show closes at 5:00pm, there is the annual members meeting. The Board-Of-Directors will be fielding questions from the membership about any pertinent club issues. So, for those of you with questions, gripes, bitches, and suggestions, this is the time to speak up.
    A few good ones to ask are:

Why is PGCA still having shows at the sub standard, under attended rat hole at Pullman Square in Butler?
    Is the club still loosing thousands of dollars annually? If so, how much annually?
    If so, why are the members of the BOD still getting re-numerated for odd committee jobs such as Show Chairman, Door Chairman, Advertising Chairman, Security Chairman Etc.?
    If so, why do the BOD get two free tables at each show?
    If so, why do the BOD get hotels the weekend of the shows at the clubs expense?
    Why, if the club is in the red, loosing money annually and not improving, does the BOD feel justified in receiving these freebies at the clubs and members expense?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast