Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Springfield XDs Holsters Please!

Bought an XDs 3.3" in FDE and picked up a few 7 round mags and some pinkie extenders. I love the gun and it is very accurate. My issue is finding an OWB holster that feels comfortable and conceals well.
    The simple Springfield XD holster is OK but it's not very comfortable and damned if I don't bump things like an arm chair sitting down and it hits the exposed barrel through my shirts and knocks the gun out of it's lock position.
    I also have a Safariland 578 GLS that I use to carry my SR9E and it too isn't the most comfortable. (Belted or pancaked). It adjusts and locks/releases great with the XDs but it's not tight against me and leaves a pretty exposed sight line through tee shirts.
    I'm used to a simple Kydex holster but don't want to blow any $$$ on something else I may not like. I need opinions on Kydex holsters. Who here carries the XDs as their EDC and what do you use for it? I'm not a fan of IWB but I won't block out one entirely. I carry right side and I'm tall so high and tight at my hip is where I like it.
    Thanks in Advance!
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

Default Re: Springfield XDs Holsters Please!

Vigilance Tactical make a nice Kydex holster and they are a a shop ran in PA. I believe Trop Gun picked up their line up now.

Hidden Hybrids make a great holster and it is IWB and OWB all at the same time.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check them out!
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

Harwell Holsters, I've used one for about 3 years now for my XDs, Can't say enough good about them.
    Recoil Happens

(Berks County)

Gunners Custom Holsters are what I run... They're mostly IWB but I'm sure he'll do a OWB for you.
    Also look into Charlie Mike holsters... Made right here in PA!

(Monroe County)

I use the Clinger stingray for my Xds 45. It's an IWB. I didn't think I would like that because I have a little belly, I'm about 250 w/36" waist. It is so comfortable and easy to put on and take off! I'll never go back. https://clingerholsters.com/
    VanWhy

(Westmoreland County)

Get the Alien Gear holster and they are the best. You can get them for IWB or OWB and they are very comfortable and they also stand by their products. I currently own several of them.
    I don't carry a weapon and look for trouble, I carry one just in case trouble finds me.

(York County)

I have a DeSantis Invader. So far I like it. The backing plate is a bit stiff and is taking some time to mold but it is comfortable.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by toytraindoc View Post
    Get the Alien Gear holster and they are the best. You can get them for IWB or OWB and they are very comfortable and they also stand by their products. I currently own several of them.
    I just got one of the new cloak mod paddle holsters a little while ago and I really like it. Very comfortable and easy on/off. I haven't tried to conceal with it (duty size gun), but it does keep the gun nice and tight to the body and can be adjusted to ride pretty high for that purpose.

(Lycoming County)

http://www.hhholsters.com/category_s/1861.htm

I carry my cz82 in this one. Concealed at about 3:30 position. It prints a little when I bend over, but no more than any other owb I've ever tried. It's comfortable for me all day, even when seated in the car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast