Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Philly after 41F?

The main obstacle for me creating an SBR in Philly has been the fact that the CLEO wouldn't sign off on it. I never felt comfortable going the trust route. So now that the CLEO approval has been changed to CLEO notification am I actually free to submit an individual form 1 along with the additional required stuff and be on my way to SBR ownership? It almost seems too good to be true. After all, this is Philly...

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Philly after 41F?

Yes...

CLEOs are now just notified. They don't have to sign anything. Complete the Form 1, submit it to ATF and send a copy of the CLEO notification to the CLEO.

Yes, it's generally good news for those who have been suspicious about the overly-hyped trusts. You don't need Philadelphia's permission any more.

The downside is that Philly City Council keeps passing illegal gun laws, and now they'll have a list of Evil NFA Gun Owners, which you can be sure they'll keep somewhere safe, and create little Voodoo dolls of you all (in camo), which they will poke and burn and otherwise do pointless things, like they've already done with "assault weapons" and "mandatory reporting" and such. Next time they pass a law against NFA firearms, they'll already have the list of who has them, and maybe they'll come visit.

One possibility is to create a PA LLC using the address of someone outside Philly, in the Free Zones. That way, your "notification" goes to Montco or Bucks or wherever, but you don't have to keep the toys there as long as they stay in PA. You can keep them in your bunker in Philly without telling the lawless ones in City Hall, if you do this.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Philadelphia County)

Thank you both for your very welcomed responses. It's a great day. Now if you'll excuse me there's shopping to be done. 😎

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    Thank you both for your very welcomed responses. It's a great day. Now if you'll excuse me there's shopping to be done. ��
    Just a heads-up; it will be MONTHS before any new toy you buy will actually be in your hands. You're looking at the very least 5-6 months for the stamp to be issued. Wait times are really bad now. Not meant as discouragement; just know it will be next year before you can truly enjoy it.

(Philadelphia County)

I figured as much. No big deal, I've waited this long...
    I've got so much penned up NFA envy I don't even know where to begin.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo85 View Post
    Just a heads-up; it will be MONTHS before any new toy you buy will actually be in your hands. You're looking at the very least 5-6 months for the stamp to be issued. Wait times are really bad now. Not meant as discouragement; just know it will be next year before you can truly enjoy it.
    That's better than NEVER...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    That's better than NEVER...
    Definitely true...

(Berks County)

And I would send the Form 1 to the CLEO address with delivery confirmation, but with zero information other than the approved Form 1 in the envelope.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo85 View Post
    5-6 months would be nice but only a dream, I'm betting wait times will be at least 3x longer than that for current submissions. I'm still waiting on a Jan form 4 and i beat the rush.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast