Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default 80% lower into a pistol

New 80%, never made into anything except lpk installation. Cant find info as to how this would work in PA. I understand we dont have a "registration", as its just a register of handgun sales, so how would an 80% pistol work? I see Sarcos sells a number of 1911 80% frames, so is this gtg in PA?
    Hold the Line...

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: 80% lower into a pistol

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanvic View Post
    New 80%, never made into anything except lpk installation. Cant find info as to how this would work in PA. I understand we dont have a "registration", as its just a register of handgun sales, so how would an 80% pistol work? I see Sarcos sells a number of 1911 80% frames, so is this gtg in PA?
    Yep, you can build a pistol for yourself. Now carrying it could cause problems, since it wouldn't appear in the "not a registry, registry". Since we're talking an AR pistol, I'm guessing it won't be a carry gun anyway. If it were me, I'd probably keep the receipts for the build, just in case a problem came up with leo. At least you would have proof you built it and it wasn't stolen then.

(Warren County)

You can manufacture your own pistol or rifle.
    You cannot give it away or sell it without putting a serial number on it and you cannot go into business making and selling pistols without getting approval from ATF.
    You do not have to add a serial number if you do not plan to sell it.

If Officer Friendly has reason to inspect your homemade pistol or rifle, expect legal misery.

If you are doing it for SHTF reasons, then reserve that gun for private discreet usage until SHTF.

I carry only things I can afford to lose. If I ever have to use my carry pistol, I know it will be gone, at least for a while.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

I was thinking it would be the new house AR. Id like to have it as a vehicle weapon, but it would be too big to conceal effectively. Even if it was a registered pistol, it would still draw attention at a traffic stop.
    Hold the Line...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanvic View Post
    I was thinking it would be the new house AR. Id like to have it as a vehicle weapon, but it would be too big to conceal effectively. Even if it was a registered pistol, it would still draw attention at a traffic stop.
    If you have a cargo cover in the back of your SUV, or a hard trunk, I doubt anyone would notice it.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    You can manufacture your own pistol or rifle.
    You cannot give it away or sell it without putting a serial number on it and you cannot go into business making and selling pistols without getting approval from ATF.
    You do not have to add a serial number if you do not plan to sell it.

If Officer Friendly has reason to inspect your homemade pistol or rifle, expect legal misery.

If you are doing it for SHTF reasons, then reserve that gun for private discreet usage until SHTF.

I carry only things I can afford to lose. If I ever have to use my carry pistol, I know it will be gone, at least for a while.
    You do not need to put a serial number on a home made firearm that you subsequently want or need to sell.

Only licensed manufacturers are required by law to put serial numbers on firearms.

You can sell a gun that you have made, even without a serial number. What you cannot do is make firearms with the intent to sell them without a license(which would then require serial numbers).
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!