Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default My co-worker is anti open carry

My co-worker who is retired Army O-3 , walked into a Dunkin Donuts the other day ....spotted a guy OC'ing and proceeded to tell him that he was a target because he was OC'ing and questioned him why he didn't need or want to cover it up. Now this guy isn't anti 2A but he's the definition of a true Fud...asked me what I thought ...for certain "work" reason I couldn't tell him what a douche he was .....personally I do not OC ....but I have zero against it ....if you,were accosted by a douche in a Dunkin donuts in Allentown / Lehigh Valley I apologize....
    Last edited by Zeke2A; July 31st, 2016 at 03:32 PM.
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

(Berks County)

Default Re: My co-worker is anti open carry

Does he do that to uniformed cops? I hope the other guy engaged him in conversation of the "proper" type.

(Berks County)

He said the other guy pretty much told hm that it was his constitutional right and that he really didn't give a shit what he thought. Which probably pissed my co-worker off more ..because he's the type,that has to be right and has to have the last word . While I respect his service he's the prototypical "officer" I honestly think he would have been fragged if he were in Vietnam ....
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke2A View Post
    My co-worker who is retired Army O-3 , walked into a Dunkin Donuts the other day ....spotted a guy OC'ing and proceeded to tell him that he was a target because he was OC'ing and questioned him why he didn't need or want to cover it up. Now this guy isn't anti 2A but he's the definition of a true Fud...asked me what I thought ...for certain "work" reason I couldn't tell him what a douche he was .....personally I do not OC ....but I have zero against it ....if you,were accosted by a douche in a Dunkin donuts in Allentown / Leigh Valley I apologize....
    You're apologizing for you co-worker being a douche ?
    Why ? Did you hire him ?
    --ET

(Berks County)

No ......I didn't hire him but he's an ass .....and it embarrasses me that a gun owner and avid shooter would act this way...
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

(Delaware County)

Not everyone "gets" open carry, and that's okay. What's not okay is that these same people seem to be under the impression that telling us about it is somehow going to magically make us be all, "oh shit that's right, I have a gun on me, shouldn't be scaring the locals."

Tell your coworker that neither OC or CC is better, they just each have their own advantages and disadvantages, and to some people, those can be important.

Also, ask him which bank he'd rather try to rob - the one with no one obviously carrying a gun, or the one with two or three people openly carrying?
    Junior

(Lancaster County)

Educate him is right. Some things I would mention to him as to reasons several of us will OC at varying points in time:

1. Travel, particularly when interstate and/or at night. Gas station at 9:30 at night or hotel check in/out with family and luggage is a place I want trouble staying well away from me.
    2. Comfort getting in and out of cars and other tasks repeatedly where otherwise your shirt is getting pulled out, twisted up, or caught on something and/or your hip, back, or stomach is getting poked.
    3. Some specific states when traveling require OC because one might not have a license to conceal which that specific state accepts, and you'd be stupid to be traveling out of state unarmed in a place that you have a means to be armed.
    4. Certain activities or seasonal clothing requirements might favor OC'ing, such as very hot weather or operating heavy equipment.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Bucks County)

I OC to piss off all the liberals. Are there other reasons?

One advantage to OC is the fact that it lets the general population who only gets their "facts" regarding firearms from main stream media and Obama speeches see that there are responsible men and women all around them carrying firearms.

The fact is 90% of people have their heads up their asses and most likely never even notice who has what on them.

(Venango County)

Tell your friend he should be glad others have the balls to OC. Even if it increased the chance of being targeted, your friend has more tactical time to draw and find cover. On the other hand, if there are five BGs and they come across 15-20 OCers and an unknown quantity of CCers, they just may call the whole thing off. Either later or somewhere else that appears weaker. Usually street incidents aren't acts of war but looking for easy targets.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast