Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: My co-worker is anti open carry

Well, O-3 is an interestingrank in the Army, usually Company XO. But as far as bitch slapping is concerned, some of the older officers from Combat Arms know how to take care of themselves and definitely how to take care of you. They eat glass and shit nails and need to carry X-rays and doctor's notes to get on a commercial airline flight. They lead by example, and when the PT Test comes there are wagers on who might be able to beat their times.

For making rank, not something I fully understand, and certainly not for Navy. But I have heard enough bitching and seen enough transfers to know that you will often not be promoted EVER unless a position opens that requires that rank. It was kind of the opposite for one of my family memebers, but same deal. He was a Lt. Col. and was offered promotion to straight General and declined because it would require him to leave the project he was working on - keeping the Reds from nuking us. They had generals disclose this at his retiremet cerimony. Fortunately, he knew where all the bodies were burried and had a great job waiting at a Spook shop so the retirement pay was not as big of a deal as it might havebeen.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Indiana County)

O-3 is Company Commander rank. Don't get a command? Don't plan on making Major, end up being a staff officer somewhere until forced out.

Hokkmike Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke2A View Post
    My co-worker who is retired Army O-3 , walked into a Dunkin Donuts the other day ....spotted a guy OC'ing and proceeded to tell him that he was a target because he was OC'ing and questioned him why he didn't need or want to cover it up. Now this guy isn't anti 2A but he's the definition of a true Fud...asked me what I thought ...for certain "work" reason I couldn't tell him what a douche he was .....personally I do not OC ....but I have zero against it ....if you,were accosted by a douche in a Dunkin donuts in Allentown / Lehigh Valley I apologize....
    Your friend is, of course, entitled to his opinion but he should keep it to himself or apply massive amounts of tact. Apparently you either have to put up with it or hang out with some body else. What would he do if YOU started to OC?

Only "retired" O-3 would be prior enlisted. If you get passed over for Major twice you get kicked out... Military officers are often like other federal bureaucrats, they like to think that they're inherently qualified to boss everyone around. Many...even in the Army, are extremely poorly trained in handguns. JMHO as a former NAVY O-2....w/ no combat other than surviving Navy small arms quals on a ship at sea.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScottDLS View Post
    Only "retired" O-3 would be prior enlisted.
    Actually, there are two options here. You can have an enlisted type work his/her way up to E-6 and then get a commission. By the time retirement time (20 years) comes around they'd be an O-3.

The other way is to start off with an ROTC commission, work your way up to O-3, get RIFed, become enlisted (e-5/E-6, depending), and stay for 20. When you retire, you retire at the highest rank held (O-3).

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Actually, there are two options here. You can have an enlisted type work his/her way up to E-6 and then get a commission. By the time retirement time (20 years) comes around they'd be an O-3.

The other way is to start off with an ROTC commission, work your way up to O-3, get RIFed, become enlisted (e-5/E-6, depending), and stay for 20. When you retire, you retire at the highest rank held (O-3).
    Yeah...or you could get a (temporary) battlefield commission in Vietnam as a Captain, then go back to E-6 after mid-70's demobilization...and then retire at your highest rank held in the '80's. Or you could be a Master Gunner (aka non-commissioned Warrant Officer) in the Marine Corps in Korean War, then when the Corps gets rid of the Master Gunner rank they could make you a 2nd Lt...and then you get promoted to O-2 and O-3...and retire. Meanwhile back on planet Earth...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    Your friend is, of course, entitled to his opinion but he should keep it to himself or apply massive amounts of tact. Apparently you either have to put up with it or hang out with some body else. What would he do if YOU started to OC?
    Never said he was my friend ...I work with the guy . Personally I feel he is a know it all tool .... But for work reasons I usually take the high road to avoid work issues ..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123