Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Questions About "Unfired" Guns for Sale/Trade

As I pursue the classified threads on this forum and other internet locations for firearm sales and trades, the term "unfired" befuddles me in the used gun market.

It is not that I don't know what unfired means, but I have to ask why?

Why would someone purchase a firearm to just throw it in his/her safe without taking it to the range? I can understand the collecting of some guns for their value in pristine unfired condition, but the listing of currently in-production, common guns as being "unfired" is commonplace.

Call me crazy, but the first thing I want to do when I finally purchase a gun is to get it out to the range. I think the longest I've had a gun before firing it is a couple weeks (due to work schedule and weather).

What say you? How many of you buy guns and then don't actually take them to the range as soon as you can? Is it common for any of you to purchase a common production gun knowing it is just going to be a safe queen from day 1?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Questions About "Unfired" Guns for Sale/Trade

How dare you question this, get ready for the hammer.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    As I pursue the classified threads on this forum and other internet locations for firearm sales and trades, the term "unfired" befuddles me in the used gun market.

It is not that I don't know what unfired means, but I have to ask why?

Why would someone purchase a firearm to just throw it in his/her safe without taking it to the range? I can understand the collecting of some guns for their value in pristine unfired condition, but the listing of currently in-production, common guns as being "unfired" is commonplace.

Call me crazy, but the first thing I want to do when I finally purchase a gun is to get it out to the range. I think the longest I've had a gun before firing it is a couple weeks (due to work schedule and weather).

What say you? How many of you buy guns and then don't actually take them to the range as soon as you can? Is it common for any of you to purchase a common production gun knowing it is just going to be a safe queen from day 1?
    I lost count of my unfired guns but even if i wanted to i couldn't tell you how many i had unfired because they are now in a better place.......R.I.P

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Allegheny County)

I bought one that turned out to be broken and I fixed that sumbitch as fast as I could.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

I think "unfired" guns are like used cars that were just driven to church by old ladies.
    Maybe it's true but I'm not taking it as gospel.

(Lancaster County)

I have several guns that were never fired in anger.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I have several guns that were never fired in anger.
    Why?
    Are they collectors editions or you just have t gotten around to them?

I'm curious.

(Luzerne County)

I brought home five or six last year that I have not fired yet. I hope to bring that many more home this year. These to may go un fired. Why? for one reason or the other I have not gotten around to shooting them. I only have two or three that must be proven to shoot. These are my personal protection guns.

I also have maybe 150 knifes that I have never used to cut anything.

I also have tools that I have not used yet.

Hell I own a second house that I will never live in.

Why do people need more than one car? Eight pairs of shoes? Four bathrooms in their house?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Bucks County)

Sometimes you just don't get around to it, then you need room in the safe. Or you buy more than one to get a deal, then lose interest. I wish I could spend 20 hrs a week at the range, but I'm lucky to get two hours a week. I often take one or two guns with me, and I will take the same guns week after week, so I can improve. Some guns just never make it to the range.
    I have bought Mosins because they were a good deal, then never shot them, eventually selling them to make room, or to fund another purchase.

(Northampton County)

Like the above thread says, sometimes you come across a deal and grab it. I have a Remington 788 in 6mm that I bought for $400 in pristine condition. Ones in that condition have gone for over $700 on GB. This one is perfect. Been fired 560 times. This is known because the former owner EVERY PIECE OF BRASS. Once fired 6mm brass goes for a good buck on GB. This is not why I purchased the gun. Was hoping to get into some moderately long range shooting(at least long for me!). But I know that I just won't find the time. So I might as well try to get the $700 to $1000 that I can for it. Scarfed up a few deals like these and turned them around. That's my take.
    I just like to pop in every now and then to see what nancyinpa has for sale.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast