Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Default Re: Questions About "Unfired" Guns for Sale/Trade

Replicas are unfired,All others have seen Factory testing so more appropriatley would be Tested but No Range time by owner ? NAH I like unfired better.

(Butler County)

I have several guns I've never fired. Some are collectible, some I just never got around to, and some why bother. I'd just have to clean it.

(York County)

I'm a shooter, not a collector. ALL my guns have been fired and are regularly fired. Mind you, I don't own a large 'arsenal'.

I have, rarely, sold guns with "only" a hundred or so rounds through them: When I realized right away I didn't care for the gun. But that's as close to "unfired" as I ever get. Of the 6 firearms I own, only the most recent (Windham AR) has <1,000 rounds through at this point, and I know my H&K and my first AR have well over 2,000 minimum. The .22LR is probably near 5,000. I'd not even hazard a guess what grandpa's 1920's-vintage shotgun has had through it over the decades, though probably only a few hundred from me since inheriting it.

Others are collectors, not shooters. Many in-between. So the notion of a 'used but unfired' gun doesn't strike me as unrealistic.

As a 'shooter' I don't personally ascribe much value to it because A) hearsay and B) I AM gonna fire it, thus 'eliminating' that element of its value if/when I go to sell it. If anything, I'm happier knowing a gun has had at least a few hundred rounds through it and performed well.

A 'collector' might be a better target buyer for an 'unfired' gun than me, of course.
    DGAF

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567