Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Default Re: This election, users of this site and our gun rights.

Damn I missed it.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    I missed the thread this pertains to.

I like to see dissenting opinions posted. It allows me to learn from the responses.

If someone posts a pro-Hillary talking point, and there are several well crafted responses, it makes all of us more effective at responding to similar arguments outside the forum.

Simply banning the speech makes me concerned that we can't, or the admins don't trust us to, effectively rebut the opposition.

I can't stand a Hillary supporter, and such a person should likely be showered with red chicklets. But, I recall the good-old-days when we welcomed those people because we had a number of very well written posters that would shame the opposition while at the same time educating the good-guys.

But, again, I didn't see the thread in question. I suspect that the admin here has the good judgment to allow all but the most extreme cases, and are well aware of slippery-slope concerns.
    Sort of like saying you should let the neighbors' dogs shit in your yard so you can impress them with how good you clean it up.

(Chester County)

I was half way through reading it when it got taken down. I'm really not surprised at all about that members stance. I remember him saying a lot of border line to blatant anti stuff in the past and always wondered why he was even here in the first place. Should just be a perma ban to get it over with. At this point there is nothing of any kind of substance he can provide to this forum. His "rep" is permanently tarnished. Anything he posts from this point out will be questioned at best.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    I missed the thread this pertains to.

I like to see dissenting opinions posted. It allows me to learn from the responses.

If someone posts a pro-Hillary talking point, and there are several well crafted responses, it makes all of us more effective at responding to similar arguments outside the forum.

Simply banning the speech makes me concerned that we can't, or the admins don't trust us to, effectively rebut the opposition.

I can't stand a Hillary supporter, and such a person should likely be showered with red chicklets. But, I recall the good-old-days when we welcomed those people because we had a number of very well written posters that would shame the opposition while at the same time educating the good-guys.

But, again, I didn't see the thread in question. I suspect that the admin here has the good judgment to allow all but the most extreme cases, and are well aware of slippery-slope concerns.
    If you want to hone your debating skills regarding politics & gun control, try battling regularly in the comment sections of anti-gun letters to the editor in the Post-Gazette or other liberal rags in PA.

Personally, I agree - I'd want to ban someone for being disrespectful, that's about it. I'd rather see a coming-out-of-the-closet Hillary-lover discredited and negged into oblivion than banned.

There are over 65,000 members here, most of whom are not likely Hillary voters. Pennsylvania is a crucial swing state, it could make the difference the way that Florida decided Bush v Gore. Changing a few hundred votes from Trump to Hillary, or just discouraging Trump voters so they stay home, is a Democrat's wet dream. There will be DNC operatives here, putting out propaganda, hoping to confuse just a small percentage. We've all seen them.

Gore paid millions to sift the idiot piles for a few extra votes from people who couldn't separate a chad from the voting page. OF COURSE they will target gun forums for disinformation.

We don't have to allow them to run free ads for Hillary here just to prove that we like freedom. They want to take away your guns, your money, your rights. They are the people who want to make "hate speech" illegal, and they get to define what "hate speech" is, and it will include gun discussions (that already gets kids expelled from school, just the talk), it will include "climate change denial", it may include "white privilege denial" some day.

No, we don't have to be polite losers as we get on the cattle cars. We should probably try really hard to win, instead.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Wayne County)

This is the last place on the interwebs that I ever expected to see someone banned for having unpopular political beliefs, even if they are as wrong-minded as supporting HRC.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    This is the last place on the interwebs that I ever expected to see someone banned for having unpopular political beliefs, even if they are as wrong-minded as supporting HRC.
    A gun shop owner is free to refuse to sell a gun to someone who he knows plans to rob him. PAFOA can deny Hillary free advertising that helps her to destroy our rights.

The Constitution is not a suicide pact, and a belief in personal freedom doesn't require us to assist our enslavers.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    There are over 65,000 members here, most of whom are not likely Hillary voters. Pennsylvania is a crucial swing state, it could make the difference the way that Florida decided Bush v Gore. Changing a few hundred votes from Trump to Hillary, or just discouraging Trump voters so they stay home, is a Democrat's wet dream. There will be DNC operatives here, putting out propaganda, hoping to confuse just a small percentage. We've all seen them.

Gore paid millions to sift the idiot piles for a few extra votes from people who couldn't separate a chad from the voting page. OF COURSE they will target gun forums for disinformation.

We don't have to allow them to run free ads for Hillary here just to prove that we like freedom. They want to take away your guns, your money, your rights. They are the people who want to make "hate speech" illegal, and they get to define what "hate speech" is, and it will include gun discussions (that already gets kids expelled from school, just the talk), it will include "climate change denial", it may include "white privilege denial" some day.

No, we don't have to be polite losers as we get on the cattle cars. We should probably try really hard to win, instead.
    I agree with what you're saying, but I'd hardly call him a "DNC operative", unless you believe that he participated in the forum for 8 years, laying in wait for just this moment. In my book, "winning" is publicly pulverizing his arguments, not turning him into a liberal martyr.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    A gun shop owner is free to refuse to sell a gun to someone who he knows plans to rob him. PAFOA can deny Hillary free advertising that helps her to destroy our rights.

The Constitution is not a suicide pact, and a belief in personal freedom doesn't require us to assist our enslavers.
    Thank you PAFOA, GunLawyer and UJ. This country is going down the shitter because people like us never take a hardline anymore on what is acceptable and what is going to destory our country and its foundations. HRC and anyone who supports her is a damn traitor and I am glad they got the old one two fuck you from the mods.

(Mercer County)

I'm late to the party, and I forgot my towel.

There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast