Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: This election, users of this site and our gun rights.

Users of this forum, or any other forum they did not set up, do not have the same freedom of speech rights as standing in the public square or other venue. The moderators and owners are wholly within their right to do whatever they like and anytime they want.

Like Trump or not, if you have any illusions about you, or your kids or grand kids, having the right to bear arms, Clinton must be defeated in November. Period. End of Story. There are inflection points in history where people in future generations look back, study and debate. We are coming up on one right now.

As mentioned earlier, this forum has a powerful bloc of Pennsylvania voters that can also influence others.

No anti-gun organization in PA or the northeastern US has the organization and passion that I see here.

I see plenty of new firearms and gear purchases, which is great, but you should also contribute whatever you can financially to this site. If you can lay out $ 500, 600 or more for a rifle or pistol, it seems ludicrous that you can't buy a membership for a fraction of it.

I bought a membership, it was a pretty big investment, but I support the message and I want to support a place where PA gun owners can meet and collaborate. We are in an information driven war and sites like this matter more than you may think.

(Lehigh County)

Thanks for posting the thread so it can be read. He got a good old beat down fast and hard which he deserved, in my opinion. There were many good responses like from EmptyMag and UJ to name a few. Now, I'm 60...served in the military for six years..happily came back to firearm ownership in just the last 4 years or so. I mention all that because he and I have some commonality...and it's damn hard to fathom how or why he could advocate for a weasel like Clinton. I don't know if there's something wrong with Cyclops like a medical condition or whatever - and I hope not - but if not then I really fear for this country's future.

(Clearfield County)

Threads like this are exactly why pro-hillary shit shouldn't be tolerated. All it does is cause infighting between regular members who otherwise would get along fine. Why else do you think people like cyclops post bullshit threads like that? His intent was to cause contention on the board, I don't see why everyone is obligated to put up with that.

(Bucks County)

As far as I'm concerned, if you vote for HRC, you have no business being here, except to stir up shit. Good bye.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    My middle name is "ball buster", but I digress...

Guys were throwing virtual insults at Cyclops without any substance, including moderators... then they deleted his thread and banned him for his differing viewpoint. They do that shit in North Korea too.
    Gee that discription was a little one sided. Poor little clopsy, he din do nuffin.

Genuine points of view are different then propaganda and character assassinations. One eye did both and he engaged in it first. It was his goal. As stated in this threads O.P. it was handled the way it was to protect the sincere from the trolling. If you provoke someone on an emotional level you will get an emotional response. That's what trolls do.

(Lackawanna County)

I still stand by my original post in this thread. I agree those who run this forum have the right, no the responsibility, to make sure posts are true to the intent and philosophy of the forum.

However, after reading the original thread in the Forum, perhaps the moderators should have made the decision to ban right out of the gate rather than partake in the ensuing repartee. Allowing the reportee and taking part in it may bring some to question as to whether the intent stated in the original post in this thread was the true reason for the ban or whether the ban hammer was brought out on one side of an argument just because it could be.

That said, stop worrying about what is posted on this forum and who posts it. Get out and volunteer. Make calls. Knock doors. Register friends and family if they aren't. Get them out to vote. Volunteer on Election Day even if it means taking a day off of work if you're not retired.

Here in the undisclosed bunker, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    . . . perhaps the moderators should have made the decision to ban right out of the gate rather than partake in the ensuing repartee. Allowing the reportee and taking part in it may bring some to question as to whether the intent stated in the original post in this thread was the true reason for the ban or whether the ban hammer was brought out on one side of an argument just because it could be.

. . .
    In this thread, we have grousing that the thread was killed by mods who were losing the argument, and we have grousing that the thread should have been left up because the OP was being so decisively beaten. I guess that means that we were fair, since all sides are complaining.

You can't please everyone, so we just try to do the right thing, consistent with the site's mission and philosophy.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunlawyer001/Moderator View Post
    In this thread, we have grousing that the thread was killed by mods who were losing the argument, and we have grousing that the thread should have been left up because the OP was being so decisively beaten. I guess that means that we were fair, since all sides are complaining.

You can't please everyone, so we just try to do the right thing, consistent with the site's mission and philosophy.
    Agreed 100%

I think you did the right thing, but I can put myself in the shoes of others who may feel differently and see where they are coming from.

(Lancaster County)

Virtual insults?

(Allegheny County)

Oh shit.

LOL!!!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast