Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Default Re: This election, users of this site and our gun rights.

All for the Mods. actions, no way do we need the killery crowd in the press quoting him.

Headline "Sensible gun owners support killery's BULL SHIT gun control measures".

A quote from an avid gun owning activist known as CXXXXXX posted on the well known national web site XXXXX. They are in total agreement with-----------

It does not take much of a imagination to finish the article.

My opinion deep six his post and leave it. There is a difference between opposing opinions and just plain lies and venom. We can not allow this type of behavior to flourish.

Thank You for nipping this in the bud
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by gummy jones View Post
    so voting dem doesn't get you banned (as it shouldn't)
    but spreading outright lies (like hilary is no threat to the 2nd) should?

i think I'm following here
    Yes, you are.

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    Ok, I read the thread and here is my opinion.

PAFOA must include a disclaimer on it's banner that dissenting opinions will not be tolerated.

I agree with JAK. I think Cyclops is 180 degrees off course from reality; but it is his opinion. This reminds me of the time when the mods wanted to ban negative cop postings. That was reversed quickly, due to the users pushback.

If you want to control speech (regardless the subject) outside the parameters of normal (for here) give and take. Then it is censorship and contrary to the American values we all have grown up with and lived.

It appears the watchers have spoken. Who watches the watchers?

Mike
    See above for the distinction between personal opinions and lies.

Dan watches the watchers, and the members vote with their feet. There are plenty of forums for those who wish to immerse themselves in lies about what Hillary has done and what she promises to do. This is not one of them.

We don't ban people for being merely unpleasant, or being dissenters (ask me about private background checks sometime), or even for being wrong about the facts. But we aren't required to host propaganda, willfully deceptive information, infomercials, spam, or free ads for the DNC.

It's not censorship to control the content of your private site, that's a perk of ownership. It's not even censorship to bar things from government publications; see if you can insert an ad for your used truck into the Congressional Record, let us know how that works for you.

I have no problem with debating folks or getting into arguments; it's what I do, and I'm pretty good at it. But nobody gets to co-opt the site and use it for their own personal purposes if that goes against the core mission of the site. You don't get to post beef & beer ads on a Vegan site, you don't get to post NAMBLA promotional materials on the Sesame Street site, and you don't get to post propaganda on PAFOA about gun-grabbing Hillary who thinks that the bare-bones Heller decision went too far in finding that the little people have a right to arms, and argue that she respects our gun rights. She respects our right to own arms about as much as Iran respects Israel's right to exist, and claiming otherwise is not a difference of opinion, it's a lie told to steal your vote so that you may be disarmed at their first opportunity.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Chester County)

Putting the post back up and locked is the right thing to do. We do need to read what our opposition is doing and thinking. Locking the thread so personal attacks on those that support communists like clinton and obama is right too. Pulling the post down and then deciding how to handle such a situation is a must in keeping proper order.

In response to Jak. In North Korea the mice and birds have ears and desenting opinions are heard through the walls of your house and reported by your neighbors. You are then rewarded by putting both you and your family in prison camps to starve and die. Please don't try to compare being scolded or told to fuck off as being the same. It's an insult to the people that have suffered unmentionable torment under a brutal and insane dictatorship for 70 years.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Putting the post back up and locked is the right thing to do. We do need to read what our opposition is doing and thinking. Locking the thread so personal attacks on those that support communists like clinton and obama is right too. Pulling the post down and then deciding how to handle such a situation is a must in keeping proper order.

In response to Jak. In North Korea the mice and birds have ears and desenting opinions are heard through the walls of your house and reported by your neighbors. You are then rewarded by putting both you and your family in prison camps to starve and die. Please don't try to compare being scolded or told to fuck off as being the same. It's an insult to the people that have suffered unmentionable torment under a brutal and insane dictatorship for 70 years.
    The thread was deleted because it reflected poorly on the moderators who were also mocking Cyclops.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    The thread was deleted because it reflected poorly on the moderators who were also mocking Cyclops.
    Mocking him was the right thing to do.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    What the fuck does it matter if the thread title says "Affect", versus "Effect"?
    If you want people to understand what you are attempting to say, you need to use the correct words.

I cant believe a 74 year old Marine has those opinions. This country and our rights are as good as gone. We should invest some money in necromancy and see if we can bring back the greatest generation

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    If you want people to understand what you are attempting to say, you need to use the correct words.
    Not my words, although I understand why you thought they were.
    I was trying to quote someone else (JAKIII). He was referring to me breaking Cyclops balls about his misuse of the word affect in the title of his now locked thread.

Here in the undisclosed bunker, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    In a thread about members being banned for spreading lies, do you REALLY want to post shit like this?

Choose wisely.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunlawyer001/Moderator View Post
    In a thread about members being banned for spreading lies, do you REALLY want to post shit like this?

Choose wisely.
    Fair point, it was my opinion. Although, what I would like is for moderators to practice what they preach, present company excluded, because you do walk the talk and set a good example.

Edit: I did note that your Moderator suit was on and the new avatar is very apropos.
    Last edited by JAKIII; July 30th, 2016 at 05:42 PM.

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast