Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: The self-appointed overlords of Texas now wants to rescind open carry in Texas??

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Do we really need to bring a shotgun to buy a burger? Legal, but overkil that leads to the "gunnut" blowback. Keep law but, it might need a tweek.

Well that was TX at the time, and quite a few were going overboard so to speak to make their point about OC being legal - for long guns, but not handguns. They were doing it for the dramatic effect over the absurdity of the law at the time, I can understand that to a degree.

The MSM does it when every shooting is a "school shooting" or a "mass shooting" now done by "snipers" carrying - you guessed it; ARs, AKs, or Glocks.

OTOH, do we need to bring such negative views on the 2A and gun ownership?

Enough have responded in this thread to illustrate that we here "get" the 2A, we get responsible gun ownership and we get responsible gun handling, but...

Not everyone walking around in a Target, Chipotle, Denny's, WaWa, is like us.

Some have come from families where gun ownership and hunting is totally foreign. Their only worldly notion about guns, gun-owners is what they get fed into their minds by the lamestream media and Hollyweird.

Shit, I know families whose little kids have never ever stepped foot in a McDonalds - you think those kids will grow up with a daddy that takes them plinking??

Regardless, let's face it - when was the last Hollyweird depiction of heroic gun handling outside of a war movie about SEALs or Rangers?
    When was the last big story on CNN about Joe Homeowner saving a CVS from certain mass deaths by being at the right place, right time, with a GP100?

A non-2A person only knows about guns what the media tells them. Let's not throw gas on the media flames when we can easily avoid it.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Default Re: The self-appointed overlords of Texas now wants to rescind open carry in Texas??

Quote Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
    These were police officers being shot. They knew where the shots were coming from. Those who were open carrying, if anything, should have been a help to law enforcement in trying to take the perpetrator down.
    I cannot think of a faster way to die in a hail of police gunfire. Picture it police are being shot it's total chaos you raise your rifle and start firing over the crowd. You would B Swiss cheese in an instant.
    And you will be permanently remembered as one of the terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
    These were police officers being shot. They knew where the shots were coming from. Those who were open carrying, if anything, should have been a help to law enforcement in trying to take the perpetrator down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Do we really need to bring a shotgun to buy a burger? Legal, but overkil that leads to the "gunnut" blowback. Keep law but, it might need a tweek.
    I could not agree more. Downtown in a city is not a good place to open carry your AR 15 in my opinion. How much control do you really have over a gun that is slung over your back in a huge crowd of people. You would think it would be really easy to grab it.

Dallas is Democrat, which explains a lot. This is also one of the reasons why Obama and the Dems are all in for BLM. They figure the mayhem and police murders are going to turn all the police into gun control freaks.

(Northumberland County)

Texas police are worried that the interlopers will use OC as a loophole to carry out attacks on police, since they cant define friend from foe, its dangerous times right now to OC with all thats been going on with police shootings.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    Texas police are worried that the interlopers will use OC as a loophole to carry out attacks on police, since they cant define friend from foe, its dangerous times right now to OC with all thats been going on with police shootings.
    If they were able to ban open carry, how long do you think it would be before this argument was used against concealed carry? "Police can't tell friend from foe. They can't even tell who is carrying and who isn't because all those weapons are hidden behind jackets and shirts! If only people couldn't carry in such a dastardly manner..."

Not trying to attack you, Txdmerc. I get the argument being made. I just know that as soon as they eliminate one form of carry, the same argument will be used to push the goal post further. This is why I think everyone for the carrying of guns should be in favor of open carry, even if they do not plan to do it themselves. It gives the progressives a perceived piece of "low-hanging fruit" to target and waste their efforts on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    If they were able to ban open carry, how long do you think it would be before this argument was used against concealed carry? "Police can't tell friend from foe. They can't even tell who is carrying and who isn't because all those weapons are hidden behind jackets and shirts! If only people couldn't carry in such a dastardly manner..."

Not trying to attack you, Txdmerc. I get the argument being made. I just know that as soon as they eliminate one form of carry, the same argument will be used to push the goal post further. This is why I think everyone for the carrying of guns should be in favor of open carry, even if they do not plan to do it themselves. It gives the progressives a perceived piece of "low-hanging fruit" to target and waste their efforts on.
    I totally agree. They want to erode our freedoms one bite at a time until there is nothing left. I don't think open carry should ever be illegal. I do think people carrying long guns to a protest are not doing the Second Amendment any favors. The point I would like to make is that the police are in public service. Service. What does that word mean to you? It means you're putting yourself at risk for the greater good of the public. It really seems like even before any of this crap happened that the police were super preoccupied with officer safety. The whole thing that everybody needs to make it home at the end of their shift even if they have to open fire on someone just in case. Better safe than sorry attitude. That's not what service is to me. Service is risking your life and not thinking your life is more important than that of the general citizenry. I just think the police in general are trigger happy enough without something like what happened in Dallas to get them suspicious of every single person with or without a gun. No one drafted them into the police force if they don't want to serve and Protect the citizens over themselves they are in the wrong line of work.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by the deer hunter View Post
    It really seems like even before any of this crap happened that the police were super preoccupied with officer safety. The whole thing that everybody needs to make it home at the end of their shift even if they have to open fire on someone just in case. Better safe than sorry attitude. That's not what service is to me. Service is risking your life and not thinking your life is more important than that of the general citizenry. I just think the police in general are trigger happy enough without something like what happened in Dallas to get them suspicious of every single person with or without a gun. No one drafted them into the police force if they don't want to serve and Protect the citizens over themselves they are in the wrong line of work.
    My Dad came from a generation of police where public safety came first. He couldn't believe that one incident near the Empire State Building a few years back where the two NYPD officers fired at a suspect and managed to hit nearly a dozen bystanders behind and to the side of him. My Dad was taught that if there is someone behind the intended target that you close the distance until you are damn sure you're going to hit the right guy before pulling the trigger. You don't just spray bullets at the problem and if someone innocent gets hit, well, they shouldn't have been there. It really is a different mentality these days, and the special treatment doesn't help. You know if a pair of private citizens had done the same thing they'd be strung up in the town square in most cities.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123