Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation The self-appointed overlords of Texas now wants to rescind open carry in Texas??

Citing Dallas attack, Texas police seek to restrict open carry
    http://www.guns.com/2016/07/29/citin...ct-open-carry/
    7/29/16

In the aftermath of the incident, Dallas Police Chief David Brown expressed that upwards of 30 people carrying legal rifles during the active shooter incident complicated the police response, though the city has been in the forefront of open carry education.

“We’re trying as best we can as a law enforcement community to make it work so that citizens can express their Second Amendment rights,” Brown said. “But it’s increasingly challenging when people have AR-15s slung over their shoulder and they’re in a crowd,” he said. “We don’t know who the good guy is versus the bad guy when everyone starts shooting.”

While Brown has not called to chill the law, others are.

“I think these folks with the long guns, with rifles slung over their shoulders, that is of concern of me,” said Brazos County Chief Deputy Jim Stewart, who feels the law should focus on the carry of handguns. “They’ve been able to do that for years, but particularly as we experienced in Dallas where the shooter was shooting with a long gun, how are they to know who the shooter actually was when you have so many people going around with long guns?”

The Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas, the largest police officers’ union in the Lone Star State, said they won’t push for a blanket repeal of open carry, but will call for more restrictions on the ...

========
    Good comment from a poster of the referenced site:

TheWraith ( ☑ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ ) • 27 minutes ago
    I find this "arguing point" by the law enforcement ridiculous. It's the same challenge the military face on a daily basis; target identification, rules of engagement. Sure, it's more work to determine who is the bad guy, who you should be shooting at, who is just a kid running in the street, or who is a friendly. But, you know what? TRAINING!

Perhaps, these local law enforcement need better training in terms of threat identification. If the military can identify threats in foreign countries, in cities they aren't familiar with, people and customs that are 'foreign' to them, then law enforcement can too. I don't buy into this, "It's too hard to figure out who the bad guy is".

That's just incompetence speaking - I won't tolerate it.
    Last edited by vinnyg101; July 29th, 2016 at 11:17 AM.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: The self-appointed overlords of Texas now was to rescind open carry in Texas??

Yea why should they have to I'd who really a threat, vs dump the mag and you don't know nuthn later.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Default Re: The self-appointed overlords of Texas now was to rescind open carry in Texas??

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Yea why should they have to I'd who really a threat, vs dump the mag and you don't know nuthn later.
    Uh...ok! I think?
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member! Same sex marriage is an oxymoron!

(Allegheny County)

“We don’t know who the good guy is versus the bad guy when everyone starts shooting.”

Define "everyone" asshole.

"Everyone" didn't start shooting your asses - one racist black did. Leave us the fuck out of your fantasy battleground.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Schuylkill County)

That arguement makes no sense so they're going to consider restricting it to pistols only. So what happens when someone with a pistol starts shooting? Are they then going to restrict them then also? Not to mention you can get an Ar pistol, how would they handle that? I don't agree with this line of thinking what so ever!! Sounds like a stepping stone to no open carry. Stand strong Texas don't give an inch!!

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Pass a law based on the absolute worst case, where nothing happened anyway. Brilliant.

If Texas, along with every other state, would just kick out all the dindu nuffin, muslim, anti American pieces of shit, they wouldnt have this problem at all.

(Allegheny County)

The Texas folks brought some of this shit on themselves.

Recall the pics on this board of the babe with the hot but tatted legs and SKS over her shoulder - in like a Denny's. Seriously? Legs that sweet tatted up? But I digress.

Then the black dude at a BLM demonstration with an AR the night of the cop murders. And what did you think would happen?

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

You're right, shit like the Chipotle goofballs didn't help anyone. But I think Dallas was different, PR-wise. Everyone saw lawful, responsible open carriers being... lawful and responsible! In the most difficult circumstances, nothing happened. Even for the "person of interest", who turned himself in immediately, and was questioned, cleared, and released just as quickly.

Default Re: The self-appointed overlords of Texas now wants to rescind open carry in Texas??

Maybe it's time the rest of the gun community show a lot of Texans the same support so many of them voice and show other states when the anti's restrict their rights?

Fuck Texas! Don't like it then move but don't move here to PA and bring your big attitudes and issues ruining it for us.

Or would they rather have all gun ownsers rally around them and show support? This proves your 2A rights can and will be attacked, restricted and if possible taken from you regardless of where you think you live.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast