Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thumbs up Sgammo is a stand up company

I figured I would share this here. I know a lot of us get ammo online from various places. If you have never shopped from Sgammo before, they are a class act company. I already had a good impression of them before a recent incident. They have always had excellent communication, good prices, etc...

A couple of weeks ago I ordered some Golden Tiger .223 from them. It was ammo I was basically going to put in the "in case Hillary gets elected and ammo goes crazy" pile. I've used Golden Tiger Ak ammo for years without a single problem.

It turns out that the .223 had a problem with many ar's. A lot of the ammo was not firing for people. Turns out the primer was too hard for a lot of hammers. The problem was mentioned in Emptymags deals thread. Someone posted a link to another forum where the owner of Sgammo adressed the problem. He said a lot of people were reporting the same problem. He also said that if anyone did not feel confident with the ammo he would send out a return label and buy it back.

I took 2 ar's and 2 boxes of the golden tiger to the range last Monday. One box from the first 500, and the 2nd box from the 2nd 500. My thinking was even if it just worked in one I would keep it. The first box worked fine in my Smith and Wesson Sport. But when I took out the box for the Ruger ar, the first 3 did not fire. When I switched back to the Smith and Wesson 2 out of the first 3 did not fire. So I contacted sgammo. In less than 5 minutes they responded twice to set up the return. Here is what they said.

Yes, I just started finding out about this late friday, it appears that the ammo has a harder than normal primer and that is causing problems with ignition in some guns. I am willing to buy back the ammo for a full refund and return to me by UPS call tag at my loss. I can send UPS as early as Tuesday, all you need to do is print this email and include it with the return packed in the shipping box and tapped shut. Let me know if you want me to set that up

thanks

sam

And

I have issued a UPS call tag. They will come on tuesday to pick up the return, as soon as I get it back I will issue a full refund

thanks

They took care of everything right away. No hemming or hawing. The money was put back onto my credit card today.

I respect what they did as a company. if they had said something along the lines of "It is a manufacturers problem contact them" or "Sorry we can not accept returns of Ammo once it is out of our facility" I would not have been too upset. I would not go on line and trash them or anything like that other than to warn people to stay away from the Golden Tiger .223. But they stood tall and arguably went above and beyond putting their company name above profits.

Sgammo has proven themselves to be a stand up company. We hear about the bad companies when they don't do well, it's a pleasure to talk about a company that is being as stand up as possible in this situation. They have been my main go to ammo dealer and will remain so.
    Last edited by internet troll; August 11th, 2016 at 05:55 PM.

(Blair County)

Default Re: Sgammo is a stand up company

Ditto..................
    Same thing happened to me and I got the same response.
    Excellent service and no issues.
    Will buy from them again.

(Berks County)

I buy most on my bulk from S&G...
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

(Bucks County)

They are great. I've been a customer since they only sold on Gunbroker.