Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Recommended 22LR pistols?

Shooting nothing but 9mm ammo could get a bit expensive. I'm really enjoying this new hobby and I'm thinking of getting a second gun already, this time a 22 LR pistol: it looks like the price of ammo is roughly half that of 9mm. The two models I'm considering are:

-Walther P22
    -Smith & Wesson Victory

I'm kinda intrigued by the Smith & Wesson partly because it's really interesting looking, and it seems like it could be fun to shoot something with such a long barrel (is it ore accurate)?

My plan is to take both my 22 and my 9mm to the range and keep practicing with the 9 so I'm ready to use it should I ever need it, but shoot a lot more ammo just for fun from the 22.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Recommended 22LR pistols?

Quote Originally Posted by darnskewered View Post
    Shooting nothing but 9mm ammo could get a bit expensive. I'm really enjoying this new hobby and I'm thinking of getting a second gun already, this time a 22 LR pistol: it looks like the price of ammo is roughly half that of 9mm. The two models I'm considering are:

-Walther P22
    -Smith & Wesson Victory

I'm kinda intrigued by the Smith & Wesson partly because it's really interesting looking, and it seems like it could be fun to shoot something with such a long barrel (is it ore accurate)?

My plan is to take both my 22 and my 9mm to the range and keep practicing with the 9 so I'm ready to use it should I ever need it, but shoot a lot more ammo just for fun from the 22.
    I did the same thing, got the smith Wesson mp 22.

I cant say i have any experience with the walter or smith. But my wife and are very satisfied with my mark II government competition, sig 1911 in 22 and her 22/45 lite.
    NRA Endowment Member, N-SSA #9526v

got the wife a ruger sr22, we enjoy it. it's a bb gun compared to my keltec 9mm mule.
    search for good deals as well, i think we paid something like $289 and it was the talo purple, nib.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by darnskewered View Post
    The two models I'm considering are:

-Walther P22
    -Smith & Wesson Victory
    I'd pass on both. Get a Ruger MK-whatever interests you most. Sure, some people here will whine about them being hard to clean, but sit down with a youtube video on doing it and it's not THAT bad. I've shot a lot of rounds in competition with mine and it just runs. Have had at least 3 people go out and buy one after a competition where their .22 wasn't running and I handed them mine to finish the match without the frustration their gun was giving them.

(Lackawanna County)

I love my Ruger MK II and my Ruger single six. They are both quality firearms and a blast to shoot.

22/45 LITE

Threaded barrel for suppressor

Light aluminum

Rail on top for red dot.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Allegheny County)

I have had the m&p 22 for a few years now. I have at least 1000 through it and it functions at 99% with all types of ammo. I would definitely buy another one.

(Allegheny County)

If you want a Walther, go for the PPQ .22, not the P22. Nice full size, aluminum slide, and pretty darn reliable.

(Cumberland County)

From reviews it looks like the Smith&Wesson MP22 is the best semi auto 22LR on the market.
    The Ruger SR22 is definitely a solid choice as well. I own one and it is a great plinker.
    Walther P22 is said to be good but not as good as the Ruger on a reliability stand point.
    There are quite a few choices outside of the standard semi auto design as well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast