Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: 70 prcent of polled people want semi-automatic assault weapons banned nationally

my understanding is that this was a small select group. i've heard it was 1001 people.
    no info on demographic, maybe someone can pull it out of the AP, statistics should cite sources and methods used to gather them. for credibility.

it also seems like it was timed to be reactionary, why would you take such a poll immediately after a few shootings?
    the media has been in a frenzy to publish every large shooting they can find. probably trying to distract us from the inaction of the agencies responsible for investigating the fbi's claim of hillary's perjury.

the poconorecord went and copypasta'd the ap statistics and got an ear full as well. lazy papers don't want to survey their own population or do much more than purchase articles others have written.
    so everyone is just copying this tripe.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Northampton County)

Default Re: 70 prcent of polled people want semi-automatic assault weapons banned nationally

Seems suspiciocus to me. Everything I have seen over the past several years has shown support at an all time low.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Seems suspiciocus to me. Everything I have seen over the past several years has shown support at an all time low.
    Yep, they are either selectively polling or creatively reading the results.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Delaware County)

A properly constructed poll could get you a majority favoring feeding puppies through a wood chipper.

(Chester County)

We know this is grade A bullshit, but that is not enough. We have to continue educating the ignorant masses and I know it can become tiring, but we must not quit. We know that if the support were that high they wouldn't have to "ban" them. They could simply do it the correct way by adding an Amendment to the Constitution but the useful idiots do not understand how these things work.

If we want future generations to have their basic Constitutional rights we must get rid of the useful idiots by educating them.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by ATBackpackin View Post
    We know this is grade A bullshit, but that is not enough. We have to continue educating the ignorant masses and I know it can become tiring, but we must not quit. We know that if the support were that high they wouldn't have to "ban" them. They could simply do it the correct way by adding an Amendment to the Constitution but the useful idiots do not understand how these things work.

If we want future generations to have their basic Constitutional rights we must get rid of the useful idiots by educating them.
    every hear the phrase "you can't fix stupid"?
    i personally would rather discuss things with a wall. you eventually break the person down and then they start making all these yes' with exceptions.
    yes we should have guns, but only cops and military (we see how safe that is)
    yes we should have guns, but only if you do this or pass that or win this.
    yes we should have guns but i dont want them around me.
    yes we should have guns but only this type, until i change my mind later.
    or you get someone who doesn't care about logic at all because they said no and no is the only answer, because in their mind, they're right.
    now a days you'll probably get special snowflakes that only want fluid guns that choose to identify as bananas but you cant use them because it's not PC and they have equality. they have to choose to use themselves.
    sheep are timid creatures, you need to show them you are their shepherd, then they will follow with little complaint.
    on a side note, i love it when they stop random people on the street and ask them questions: who is the president? what is the state capitol? how many states are there? what country is north of us?
    i always shake my head and lose a bit more faith.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    every hear the phrase "you can't fix stupid"?
    i personally would rather discuss things with a wall. you eventually break the person down and then they start making all these yes' with exceptions.
    yes we should have guns, but only cops and military (we see how safe that is)
    yes we should have guns, but only if you do this or pass that or win this.
    yes we should have guns but i dont want them around me.
    yes we should have guns but only this type, until i change my mind later.
    or you get someone who doesn't care about logic at all because they said no and no is the only answer, because in their mind, they're right.
    now a days you'll probably get special snowflakes that only want fluid guns that choose to identify as bananas but you cant use them because it's not PC and they have equality. they have to choose to use themselves.
    sheep are timid creatures, you need to show them you are their shepherd, then they will follow with little complaint.
    on a side note, i love it when they stop random people on the street and ask them questions: who is the president? what is the state capitol? how many states are there? what country is north of us?
    i always shake my head and lose a bit more faith.
    And this is why we will lose, because our enemy is more committed.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

(Bucks County)

It's the chapter "Yes, but..." in Dr Byrnes' Games People Play

(Franklin County)

In the poll I took recently, 100% of the respondents want to watch Hillary eat a large bowl of steaming shit.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    I suspect they are "cherry picking" there sample set. Either that or using bias questions. Rarely do they state the actual questions ask and in what order.

"There are three kinds of lies, lies, damn lies and statistics" Samuel Clemens aka Mark Twain
    True that. Figures lie and liars figure.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234