Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Question Deer repellents?

These sumbeeches are eating my roses. Right before the blooms open, they gobble them up.

Any ideas?

Besides lead poisoning, that is.

Thanks.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Deer repellents?

There is a product called Buck Off. Not the greatest name but it works. Smells like rotten eggs. Not sure where to buy it, maybe google can help. Dried blood, over the counter crap washes right off.

There's a bunch of them you can find at any good shop, my wife sprays this CRAP that stinks to holy hell but it works and we have one HUNGRY pack of deer around here ... come fall we will have one FULL freezer of deer meat.

(York County)

Human scent. Go pee around your plants, and get some hair off the floor at your local barber shop and sprinkle it all around you garden/plot that the roses are planted in.

Dave

E.T.A. Deer also remmeber being spooked very well. So if you see them out there, open the door and holler at the top of your lungs, if they're younger ones they won't be back for weeks.
    3%

(Monroe County)

I'm willing to sit, in camo, in your back yard with my bow to keep the deer away... its been scientifically proven that nothing exists that makes deer stay away and tree rats gather like "scent of hunter"
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I'm willing to sit, in camo, in your back yard with my bow to keep the deer away... its been scientifically proven that nothing exists that makes deer stay away and tree rats gather like "scent of hunter"
    HEH, ain't that the freaking truth! If I had every hour back I sat in a tree stand twiddling my thumbs I could have another 10 years added to my life (and at this point I could use them)

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I have a similarly effective deer repellent method. Put my youngest brother in your backyard during buck season and tell him to be as quiet as he can be. You'll never see another deer...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    HEH, ain't that the freaking truth! If I had every hour back I sat in a tree stand twiddling my thumbs I could have another 10 years added to my life (and at this point I could use them)
    course 10 years spent in a tree stand doing nothing or 10 years spent sitting on a boat with a line in the water are a helluva lot better spent then 10 years working! :P
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Dauphin County)

a big +1 for HAIR....deer freaking hate it other than that i think a good deterrent would be a .270 or 30-06 usually available at your local store

PM your address, I'll be there Oct. 18!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast