Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkimamedic
    Para Ordanance Warthot 45acp, to many FTE's to count and the magazines dont lock the slide back when the magazine is empty.
    Funny, I've never had that problem with mine. We DID have an FTE problem with our 9mm Taurus Millinium Pro, but it turned out to be an underpowered ammo...ammo was 110 grain, and manufacturer recommends 124 grain. We've since run both 124 grain and 147 grain ammo through the Taurus with NO problems whatsoever. Only problem I've had with the Warthog is that the slide is a little difficult for me to pull back--only aggravating on the range, potentially FATAL if I'm in a situation that I'd need to fire that sucker in a hurry. DH has no problem with pulling the slide back, and I have no problem with the Taurus, so we swapped guns...he took my Warthog, and I took his Taurus. Problem solved.
    Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in every caliber.

I'm armed and menopausal...Excuse me, did you have something to say?

(Montgomery County)

most unreliable 1911:
    Every Kimber I ever owned. A royal Custom carry, Ultra CDP, and An Eclipse. none of them worked worth a damn. FTF, FTE, slide locking open on a full mag, MIM parts breaking, etc. my Royal custom carry came with an unreamed chamber...it was half reamed, you couldn;t get a loaded round into it.

And before folks say "You don't know about 1911s.." at the same time, my Colt 1911, the 1991A1, and my fracking NORINCO all worked perfect. So there...my current 1911 is a S&W 1911, and I cant be happier.

Worst rimfire: Walther P22, too much crap wrong with that to even list, it's been dumped, my craptastic TEC-22 works better than that thing.

Worst 9mm: never owned a 9m that didn't work great. I have a SW 5906 that works, a Glock 17, a FM Hi-Power, even a Keltec p11, they all work great.

I've only shot a few mags out of the glock, but it appears to hit what you aim at, and I got it, police trade in, with 2 hicaps and night sights for $250, thats the beater 9mm I'd take camping.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by starblazer
    Is that neccessary? You're looking for a fight, right?
    I screwed up dude! I thought it said reliable. I'm actually a Glockaholic! I own a G23 and a G21. They are two of my favorites.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SSGF109
    I screwed up dude! I thought it said reliable. I'm actually a Glockaholic! I own a G23 and a G21. They are two of my favorites.
    No problem. I thought maybe you were one of those fellas looking to stir things up...
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

(Philadelphia County)

The worst gun I ever fired was a friends 9mm Jennings.It broke on me while firing.The red plastic chamber load indicator blew out of the back of the gun and the spring behind it(LOL)He learned his lesson and bought a HK 40 compact 3 weeks later.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by starblazer
    No problem. I thought maybe you were one of those fellas looking to stir things up...
    Oh hell no not me! I could go on Glock-Talk for that...just kidding.

(Beaver County)

I had one of those Chinese-made copies of the Tokagypt. Biggest piece of crap, ever. Apparently the gun managed to escape from China without any of the parts having been heat treated. It beat itself to death in less than 50 rounds. At the last, it had to be pounded open with a mallet and a LIVE round driven out of the barrel with a dowel rod. A gunsmith friend stoned the deformed parts til the thing could be cycled by hand. I never fired another round from it and eventually sold it, with full warning about what a POS it was, to a guy who had to have it for his collection.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mohaa Player View Post
    The worst gun I ever fired was a friends 9mm Jennings.It broke on me while firing.The red plastic chamber load indicator blew out of the back of the gun and the spring behind it(LOL)He learned his lesson and bought a HK 40 compact 3 weeks later.
    That probably goes for ANY Jennings! My FIRST handgun was a Jennings .22...I'd have to be so close to the perp to hit him, I'd probably have better luck THROWING the dern thing at him! Also, it was jammed up a bit until DH took it apart and fixed it after finding and downloading a manual for it online. I did keep it (mainly because it is worthless as a trade-in) and it's one that we use to introduce the daughters to firing a semi...gets them used to shooting without the recoil of the bigger calibers and gets their confidence up so they can move up from there. It's OK as an intro gun, but I sure as heck wouldnt depend on it for proection.
    Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in every caliber.

I'm armed and menopausal...Excuse me, did you have something to say?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    That probably goes for ANY Jennings!
    +1 on that. I had bought a Jennings .380 when I was 21. What a piece of crap that thing was. Of course, since I never get rid of anything...
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

(Dauphin County)

Oh dear.. Hope that Kimber thing was just you! I have one up in the gun locker I haven't played with yet..bought it for SelfD and playing IDPA but never got to it yet. Maybe that one will be my biggest lemon yet..sompin to look forward to I reckon!

I've always bought pistols with solid reputations but I did have a serious wake-up call with my new S&W 329PD. Now mind you..I bought this because I was sure I may need it someday to save my arse or one of my kid's or a friend and I can't legally carry an auto in PA during hunting season.

A few range trips and I'd realized the gun is locking-up due to the internal safety!! I thought, "Gee, that's great. My gun can't hurt anyone if I let it lie unintentional but it also can't hurt anything to SAVE MY BUTT! I'm no gunsmith but after disassemble of my..really expensive pistol for a "poorfella".. it is a stupid design! No-really. I'd bet my life..they change the internal safety really soon on lite-weight magnums. Self conversion-fixed. I didn't trust SMITH to go any farther than replace a spring..which may or may not get me killed later. I'll take my chances without the safety. BTW: Love the 329PD other than the problems with the safety. A real dream come true!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast