Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Glock 19-still worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    I have a G19, a Gen 2 in fact. Two complaints, one the magazines don't fall free when empty and sometimes trying to do a rapid mag change the heel of my hand gets pinched (painfully) when I slam a new magazine home. It makes me wish Glock would do something like a "Commander" with a full sized G17 frame mated to a g19 slide and barrel assembly.
    Non - drop free mags were intentional by design - (at least from what I've seen) so you pull the mag out and pocket it. "Dropping mags " and looking at them as if they are disposable equipment seems to be an American thing. The new mags are all "drop-free" full metal lined...

Cb (G17 -gen2 and G26 -3)
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Philadelphia County)

My G19 has been the hungriest gun I've ever owned and it has never choked once even with the cheapest herters 9mm being its main diet.

My G43 has been amazing as well until I added Taran tactical base pads. I bought a +1 during the first run and I had some feeding issues so they replaced it and it's been flawless. When the +3 released I bought the first run because they came with an upgraded spring. My 43 started choking with failures to fire so they sent me new springs, apparently the first run were shipped with the +2 springs by accident. The 43 choked even with the correct larger +3 spring so I contacted TTI and they sent me an entirely new base pad, magazine, spring and follower already assembled and tested to ensure it worked. I ran about 100 rounds the other day and it was flawless.

I think Glock got it right but my tinkering killed its reliability.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by smoke-wagon View Post
    My G19 has been the hungriest gun I've ever owned and it has never choked once even with the cheapest herters 9mm being its main diet.

My G43 has been amazing as well until I added Taran tactical base pads. I bought a +1 during the first run and I had some feeding issues so they replaced it and it's been flawless. When the +3 released I bought the first run because they came with an upgraded spring. My 43 started choking with failures to fire so they sent me new springs, apparently the first run were shipped with the +2 springs by accident. The 43 choked even with the correct larger +3 spring so I contacted TTI and they sent me an entirely new base pad, magazine, spring and follower already assembled and tested to ensure it worked. I ran about 100 rounds the other day and it was flawless.

I think Glock got it right but my tinkering killed its reliability.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Taran Tactical base pad's.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience with the Taran Tactical base pad's.
    You're welcome. I'll give them a definite thumbs up for customer service and they send things really fast. I have not tried any other base pads.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Cumberland County)

You're not doing yourself a disservice buying a G19 but the P320c is around the same price and it comes with night sights, better trigger, and easily exchangable grip modules.

(Montgomery County)

Just look in the classifieds and see how many are for sale.All models? Makes me wonder if there are issues.

Quote Originally Posted by paul641 View Post
    Just look in the classifieds and see how many are for sale.All models? Makes me wonder if there are issues.
    they are probably proportionately represented (or potentially slightly less so) based on their sales compared to other firearms. it is no surprise that there are more available for resale than colt delta elites.

i started with sig (still love them) then gravitated towards springfield (still love them) and pretty much settled as a full fledged glocky (really love them).

ymmv
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by paul641 View Post

I have a 26 up for sale because I no longer carry it. I replaced it with a G43 and my night stand gun is a G17 and an AR15. It's been sitting in its box for 6 months now collecting dust. I could either let it collect dust or sell/trade it for something I would use. If I sold a carry pistols knowing there were issues with it that would make me a major scumbag.

I'm not a major scumbag.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    God bless you man I cant figure out how people do it with the Shield, G43 and even the PM9.
    I do it with a double stack regularly. All depends on the cut of the pocket.

(Northumberland County)

Glock 19 is one of the best pistols ever made, there might be a few lemons here and there . but its top notch.

Dont forget Navy SEALS adopted G19 too also!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast