Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
I thought fluoridation was?

As to the whole Pokemon Go thing. I'm a bit torn. I think it's sad that we need a computer game to get kids to stop sitting around inside and playing computer games? I had Nintendo as a kid and it was the thing you played when it was pouring cats and dogs or in winter when it was dark allot more.

But if its something that gets kids outside and interested in the community then I guess it cant all be bad.

As for adults playing it sans kids. I think its kind of silly. Is that seriously how you want to spend your time? But that is just my opinions and I'm sure there are those who see my hobbies and interests as equally uninteresting.

Now my only gripe is people taking relatively safe thing and then applying zero common sense to it. Like riding a bike or driving while looking for pokemon or trespassing to catch them. Playing a game does not give you an excuse to not be a reasonable adult.
Is it silly? Absolutely! But it's no sillier than chasing a little ball around a golf course or trying to get five cards arranged in numerical sequence in the same suit. It's a game. Games are supposed to be fun and silly, even for adults. That's why we play them.