Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    The third respect in which Pokemon Go is racist is that you can set yourself up as a white Avatar, hunting down and collecting--or shooting--the black monsters in your own neighborhood.
    OK what does it say about me that when I play games with a 3rd person perspective I make my character an attractive female so I am not staring at a dude the entire time?
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Is it silly? Absolutely! But it's no sillier than chasing a little ball around a golf course or trying to get five cards arranged in numerical sequence in the same suit. It's a game. Games are supposed to be fun and silly, even for adults. That's why we play them.
    I realize that there are lots of activities adults do that may seems silly to others. I guess my beef with Pokemon Go is its more "smart" phone obsession. If your going to be out enjoying the world, be out enjoying the world, not enjoying the world through your phone screen.

Like being at a concert and wanting to document it so much you never see it. Or having to be constantly listing to music and checking all your social media updates.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    I realize that there are lots of activities adults do that may seems silly to others. I guess my beef with Pokemon Go is its more "smart" phone obsession. If your going to be out enjoying the world, be out enjoying the world, not enjoying the world through your phone screen.

Like being at a concert and wanting to document it so much you never see it. Or having to be constantly listing to music and checking all your social media updates.
    I don't disagree one bit.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    This whole Pokemon thing is gayer than six guys fucking five guys. For kids, it's great. For adults? Yeah, no.

I keep hearing all about how it's great because it gets everyone out of the house. How about being an adult, and just exercising. Like an adult. The adult way.

ETA: But seriously, do your thing. All of my friends are playing it too. It's not a knock against you guys. I just can't take adults who walk around staring at the world through their cell phones in an attempt to catch creatures from a children's game seriously.
    It takes six guys fucking five guys to get to the "too gay for you" scale? Your tolerance threshold is MUCH greater than mine. I always considered one-on-one to be gay enough. I guess it's just further proof my kid is right when she says I am old and too conservative.

Besides, 6 on 5 means someone is either left out or one of the receivers is getting his bottle corked from both ends

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    It takes six guys fucking five guys to get to the "too gay for you" scale? Your tolerance threshold is MUCH greater than mine. I always considered one-on-one to be gay enough. I guess it's just further proof my kid is right when she says I am old and too conservative.

Besides, 6 on 5 means someone is either left out or one of the receivers is getting his bottle corked from both ends

I think it's cute you trying to form a mental image of this.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

This is getting out of hand

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36841828

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by charlie505 View Post
    I hear that's the best place to find Boom-a-chu.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

there is a website that is essentially a map with people adding what pokemon are where. it would be epic to place a bunch of rare ones in places people cant get to.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    there is a website that is essentially a map with people adding what pokemon are where. it would be epic to place a bunch of rare ones in places people cant get to.
    Like the way you think!
    Got a link? The Hudson River us really deep. Or maybe in the middle of a protest??

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast