Hello,

I've been asked by several folks to make steel pillars for the Mosin. I made them a year or two back for my personal favorite Mosin, and they work really, really well. Others wanted 'em.

Now, this is what I have:

That's stainless. It's tougher to work with, but if I'm going to offer pillars for the Mosin, they're going to be better than anything else out there simply because it seems everyone offers aluminum pillars, which are just OK.

One thing that's special about these is that they do not allow the screws to come into contact with the sides. The screws, therefore, are solely for clamping the receiver to the magazine body/trigger guard. All recoil goes to the recoil lug crossbolt, as is the design. Screws absorbing recoil leads to stocks cracking.

Now, here's the thing: All aluminum pillars for the Mosin, of which I'm aware anyway, have a slightly long front pillar. It extends beyond the wood.

My front pillar is the same way.

They're made like this because the area at the front screw has a bit of space between the wood and recoil lug.

The Finns filled this area with shims to shim bed the receiver.

So... I got to thinking: Would you good folks rather have a front pillar that takes up that space itself, or would you rather have a pillar that's flush with the wood, and use shims to fill/build up that area as needed?

Thank you!

Regards,

Josh