Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default I think this week the election has become Trumps to lose.

This is the first time I am really feeling hopeful about Trump winning the election and keeping Hillary out of the Whitehouse.

Trump has his supporters who will vote for him no matter what, and Hillary has her supporters who will vote for her no matter what. Obviously the rest of the voters will make the difference. A lot of the people left are not voting for a candidate so much as voting against a candidate. Up until this week my impression has been there are more never Trump people out there than Never Hillary people. But with Comey's testimony and the findings of the fbi, I think there will be a switch.

As of now I think it is Trumps election to lose. He's got work to do, but if he does things right, we will be saying President Trump for the next 4 years and he will have a chance to prove me and the people like that our concerns about him are wrong.

The things he needs to do in my opinion.

1. Pick a rock solid Vice President, someone who will instill faith in the Never Trump Republicans and get them to say, well maybe Trump and _____________. I know some people don't think VP's are normally that important, but for Trump it will be crucial. This is a case where a lot of people might be voting based on the VP.

2. Become Pesidential and not saying things that will bring him under fire. I know some people say that's what got him this far and might be right. But he already has the vote of people that like his outsider speak. He needs to attract people who are looking for a Presidential President. I think most people who have already decided to vote for are sticking with him, he needs to attract people who aren't sold on him.

3. Start uniting the Party. He does not need to reach out to the Bushes and their ilk..... they may be more of a liability at this point, there is a lot of butthurt among the traditional powers which is fine. But there are a lot of others who can be worked with. Start reaching out and get their support and the votes they can sway.

4. Remind people why they should not vote for Hillary. This week has provided EVERYTHING that Trump needs. Comey has broken out the hammer and nails for Trump, he just needs to start nailing the lid shut. He has talked about crooked Hilary and a rigged system, now is his chance to back those statements up. Gowdy gave him the gift that will not stop giving. I would be sound byting parts of Gowdy's and Comeys interactions. I would also pound home the part where Comey said that a government worker would have been diciplined for the same thing. She is a government worker! Drive this home to the point where people feel shame voting for him. Make it so someone from Republican Women for Hillary (yes they are a real group) can't in anyway justify that Hillary is the better person to lead the country.

5. I would also have the Republicans lay off of Comey and accentuate that many Democrats praised him. Others realized it before me, but whether intentional or not, Comey may have provided the best possible outcome. He kept Hillary in the race, but made her look like a buffoon at the same time. This is priceless and what gives me the greatest hope.

I have been dreading this election and worried about 4 more years of the same old same old. If Hillary gets in I am conv8nced she will go after the 2nd with a zeal that Obama has frankly been to worn down to do. I think the Supreme Court would swing and if the democrats get the house we could be facing a worst case scenario. Trump is the best alternative to prevent this right now.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: I think this week the election has become Trumps to lose.

Well $.02 of thoughtful reply. Electorial Votes matter more than popularity. Trump's road to 270 is rocky at best. Vp pick? We are days from Cleveland and no pick. The list off folks who don't want the job is growning and notable. Campaign still a mess, donors scarce & has shown zero fence mending skills. Become Presidential? Sounds like the saying about old dogs & tricks. Will the email thing change votes? Will Comey's words hurt? It's July. Check back after Labor Day. Voters are working on tans & avoiding child eating creatures.

Has anyone seen the anti trump commercial where the guy says hes appalled
    because trump made fun of a cripple reporter? I think its going to work FOR trump,
    not against. Its such a petty shot at him it makes you laugh.

TRUMP16

(Carbon County)

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Bucks County)

I'm still saying the machine/system is to entrenched...republicans not going to the RNC? republicans voting for Hillary? One way or the other I still say he won't move in....
    If You Need A Color In The Name Of Your Cause, You're The "RACIST" !

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Has anyone seen the anti trump commercial where the guy says hes appalled
    because trump made fun of a cripple reporter? I think its going to work FOR trump,
    not against. Its such a petty shot at him it makes you laugh.

TRUMP16
    Laughter about the disabled as a vote getter? Some how I don't picture James Garfield or Eisenhower doing bad comedy bits To win voters. Now James Polk on the other hand did a killer Sana Anna impersonation....

(Erie County)

Been sampling those mushrooms? Hillary and her allies have already bought the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Laughter about the disabled as a vote getter? Some how I don't picture James Garfield or Eisenhower doing bad comedy bits To win voters. Now James Polk on the other hand did a killer Sana Anna impersonation....
    Enlighten me.