Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: Saw Someone Open Carrying - Second Time Ever.

I haven't ate at LJS since I watched a crew member sweep crumbles that had fell on the counter back in with the rest of them.

(Monroe County)

Rather than open yet another OC thread I will just drop this minor story here. I was OC-ing my M1911 at ever ones favorite place(Wallmart) other than Dicks when I was walking in the gardening door with my grandson when couple with a kid roughly the same age as my grandson approached me to ask if my M1911 was real, a stun gun or something else (The question was garbled). I stopped and responded that it was a real weapon. Next was the question about how do you go about getting a permit, was it as easy as they say, do they really doa check on you, etc. I answered:
    1) Not be a prohibited person
    2) Complete an application at your local sheriffs office, time for approval can be anywhere from 15 min (Lucky folks) or up to 45 days (I won't get into working days or calendar days here) and await approval or disapproval
    3) Visit PAFOA for those better at explaining the details than me

The next comment from this fellow was Oh I guess that "FELLONY" I had roughly 20 years ago doesn't count against me does it. I said I am not a lawyer or an expert about these things but that I would do some serious research "PRIOR" to submitting any paperwork with someone better versed in the laws like a Lawyer) I kept my personal comments to my self but later I was shaking my head. I saw him a few minutes later looking at rifles and shotguns and he was asking the clerk can he buy either that day. I always thought these types of situation were made up until I heard all of this.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    Rather than open yet another OC thread I will just drop this minor story here. I was OC-ing my M1911 at ever ones favorite place(Wallmart) other than Dicks when I was walking in the gardening door with my grandson when couple with a kid roughly the same age as my grandson approached me to ask if my M1911 was real, a stun gun or something else (The question was garbled). I stopped and responded that it was a real weapon. Next was the question about how do you go about getting a permit, was it as easy as they say, do they really doa check on you, etc. I answered:
    1) Not be a prohibited person
    2) Complete an application at your local sheriffs office, time for approval can be anywhere from 15 min (Lucky folks) or up to 45 days (I won't get into working days or calendar days here) and await approval or disapproval
    3) Visit PAFOA for those better at explaining the details than me

The next comment from this fellow was Oh I guess that "FELLONY" I had roughly 20 years ago doesn't count against me does it. I said I am not a lawyer or an expert about these things but that I would do some serious research "PRIOR" to submitting any paperwork with someone better versed in the laws like a Lawyer) I kept my personal comments to my self but later I was shaking my head. I saw him a few minutes later looking at rifles and shotguns and he was asking the clerk can he buy either that day. I always thought these types of situation were made up until I heard all of this.
    I would have been more giving. I would have said something like, " If you were ever convicted a felony I would suspect you cannot have a gun." If he really pissed me off with his attitude or demeanor I would tell him to go ahead and submit an application and see what happens.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Monroe County)

Normally I am your world class asshole with teeth as can be vouched for by many on this site. I was trying to use my socialization filter and he caught me at a weak moment

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234