Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Toomey Watch

Default Toomey Watch

I just learned that on June 27th, Senator Toomey introduced another piece of legislation. The text is unavailable at this time. All I can get is the overview description, which is as follows:

"S.3100 - A bill to ensure that State and local law enforcement may cooperate with Federal officials to protect our communities from violent criminals and suspected terrorists who are illegally present in the United States."

Given that he (1) championed a flawed anti-Second Amendment bill in response to Orlando containing unworkable and impractical due process protections; and (2) voted for the NDAA bill with provisions that would eviscerate the Civilian Marksmanship Program sales operations and make obtaining surplus 1911s and other firearms impossible: who knows what might lurk in his latest offering. Best to keep an eye on him. Perhaps its a bill that helps get innocent people on the secret list. Perhaps not. We shall see.

As I predicted, Democrats are excoriating Toomey for not voting in favor of the Democrat Secret List legislation, which is downright criminally fascist. Ed Rendell is leading the charge. My point is that Toomey earns no bonus points from the Democrats by cooperating with them and he never will. I predicted that they would try to shame him into going along with them and I expect he will make further concessions to his Democrat allies in the anti-Second Amendment crowd in order to win their approval.

I also discovered that Toomey sits on the IRS oversight committee. Can you imagine that? The IRS has been stonewalling, lying, deceiving Congress and the courts about its Jihad against conservative groups. Toomey knows this well and does and says nothing about it. Yet, he turns around and introduces a "due process" bill and expects us to believe that we can expect justice from the very Federal bureaucrats and Federal courts that have made it their mission to destroy our Constitutional rights across the board.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Toomey Watch

I've said it before.

The guy knows he's in no danger at this point.

The Democrats will run someone worse and folks will bite their lips and vote for him in spite of his transgressions...

Great system we have built for ourselves, no?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by claudel View Post
    I've said it before.

The Democrats will run someone worse and folks will bite their lips and vote for him in spite of his transgressions...

OR many people simply will not vote. And the "someone worse" Democrat will be elected.
    And then all those people who didn't vote will bitch.
    --ET

(Lancaster County)

Yeah, there's that, too...

Quote Originally Posted by claudel View Post
    I've said it before.

Perhaps. But given that he is unreliable on Second Amendment issues and seems to not think very clearly or thoroughly about the practical consequences of the legislation he introduces, I still advocate paying attention to what he is doing. Even if he cares little for his constituent base represented on this Forum, our being alert to what he is doing could still helpful. If nothing else, we can write to Senators more stalwart in defense of the Second Amendment and ask them to not support anit-2A legislation that Toomey might sponsor.

(Delaware County)

I wonder if anyone from his campaign staff monitors Poofa and what, if any, practical impact it has.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Bucks County)

Anyone hear what he said about the 2A write-ins?

(Tioga County)

What a disappointment this guy has been. And that is the polite, massively understated version.

Whoever gets elected this fall, we need to start thinking about their replacement in 2022.