Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Jersey Assembly Approves Bill For More Smart Gun Sales

TRENTON, N.J. (CBSNewYork/AP) — More smart guns would be sold in New Jersey under a measure that cleared the state Assembly Monday.

As WCBS 880’s Kelly Waldron reported, the measure would create a roster of so-called smart guns, which can only be fired by authorized users, available for sale.

The bill would also require most New Jersey gun retailers to carry a couple of smart guns in their stores.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/06/...art-gun-sales/
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Default Re: New Jersey Assembly Approves Bill For More Smart Gun Sales

The NJ Democrats can by-pass the difficulty of cramming these devices down retailer's (and customer's) throats by simply buying them and then mandating that the New Jersey State Police, Port Authority Police and all County law enforcement agencies use them as the only approved duty sidearm. The solution is so simple and elegant that no New Jersey politician is likely to think of it. Moreover, instead of funding failed "gun buy back" programs, maybe they could fund a "gun exchange" program. All the criminals can exchange whatever firearm they have for one of these brand spankin' new State approved technological marvels.

I love how the media claims that more will be bought under the new law because the only reason that they are not available is because retailers are pressured not to sell them. If there were a real market for them, people would be demanding them. As it stands, nothing stops anyone who wants one bad enough from ordering one through the internet (and yes, I am inviting trolls to comment that "see you can buy guns on the internet without a background check").

hey, if they wanna make 'em and people buy 'em that's their problem... i'll stick with my stuff

(Berks County)

Liberals are too stupid to understand that laws like this are probably impeding the development of these weapons. Why bring a product to market with limited potential when it will stop the sales of regular/ popular products? Morons. The herd needs a culling.
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.D. View Post
    hey, if they wanna make 'em and people buy 'em that's their problem... i'll stick with my stuff
    I agree. The only difficulty is that the ultimate plan in NJ is that once the smart guns are allegedly workable, Jersey Democrats want to make it the only hand gun that you can legally buy -- to the exclusion of your stuff. The initial law was written that way, so it is not like this is mere speculation on my part. Also, the initial law exempted the state (which had mandated the exclusive sale of these firearms) from any legal liability for damages from the failure of the guns to operate properly causing injury. Telling retailers what they have to offer for sale is absurd and dictatorial. What is next, NJ car dealers have to offer electric cars for sale along with gasoline models? . . . restaurants must offer meals with only organic vegetables and grass fed beef? This is Communist-style interference in the free markets and just one of the reasons why I left the PRNJ.

They want 'smart' guns because anything with this kind of RFID or similar technology can be jammed by law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Silence Dogood View Post
    They want 'smart' guns because anything with this kind of RFID or similar technology can be jammed by law enforcement.
    Yes that, and it will be a pretext to register the firearm and the bracelet (or other signalling device) so that they can always know who the owner of the signaling bracelet is, in order so as to verify that the gun is being used by the actual owner. Also, it will be a pretext for random searches and inspections to verify that the signalling device has not been by-passed.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    I agree. The only difficulty is that the ultimate plan in NJ is that once the smart guns are allegedly workable, Jersey Democrats want to make it the only hand gun that you can legally buy -- to the exclusion of your stuff. The initial law was written that way, so it is not like this is mere speculation on my part. Also, the initial law exempted the state (which had mandated the exclusive sale of these firearms) from any legal liability for damages from the failure of the guns to operate properly causing injury. Telling retailers what they have to offer for sale is absurd and dictatorial.
    Nail on the head.

(Schuylkill County)

Couldn't this be used to put dealers out of business? Dealers might not be able to afford stocking expensive inventory that they could never sell.

(Susquehanna County)

C'mon New Jersey! Knock off the half measures! Prove you really mean what you say! Make all your State and local police agencies turn in their "dumb" guns and issue them with smart guns! Prove to the whole world how worthwhile they are!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast