Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Blair County)

Default Re: recoil of a 50.ae

if you want a de get the 44 you can enjoy it and afford to shoot it 50 ae ammo can only be found on line . the 44 recoil is less than a 357 m . you can get the 50 barrel later if you get the newer type. the 357 conversion uses another bolt . and change the spring when they tell you to .
    Last edited by mmi; September 20th, 2017 at 12:41 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Once in awhile the spent shells might leave a hickey on your neck. But only if not gripped properly tight. Still the best firearm i own.

(Pike County)

The recoil is manageable, the problem is the grip, that is too large for a normal human palm, which causes most of the problems. But you can get used to it and do well holding it with both hands. Tight
    Je suis déplorable

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    I bought a 50 Desert Eagle this year and it does have some kick to it but it isnt very bad and surprising it extremely accurate. I can put 1" groupings in with it at 10 yards and its zero'ed from factory at 100 yards so it holds for some far distances.

My lil 5'2" gf shoots it and is used to it now although it was funny the first time she shot it. First time, she fired one round and just yells, i quit...

Get Tammy some eye protection!
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    The recoil is manageable, the problem is the grip, that is too large for a normal human palm, which causes most of the problems. But you can get used to it and do well holding it with both hands. Tight
    What Metz said. I have shot one. It isn't on the list of guns I would like to own. Too big, I have reasonably large hands and the grip to too big, ammo is WAY expensive and I can't envision carrying it.

Its not as bad as a 50bmg pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeStull View Post
    What Metz said. I have shot one. It isn't on the list of guns I would like to own. Too big, I have reasonably large hands and the grip to too big, ammo is WAY expensive and I can't envision carrying it.
    I had one and loved it, but it was merely a novelty gun. Recoil was manageable, even one handed. I do have larger than normal hands though.

I liked shooting mine but like ar15jules said it was a novelty. I sold or traded it after getting bored with it. I bought a S&W 500 for Bear hunting. The 50 was fun to shoot. The 500 can be punishing with the larger grain bullets. IMO the 50 is an easy gun to shoot. I do have large hands so maybe that makes it a little easier. My advise give it a try and don't be afraid of it. If you can one hand a .357 ou should be able to double hand a 50ae.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12