Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Facebook wars

Default Re: Facebook wars

My kids brown bag it every day but the funny thing is they NEVER want school lunch because it sucks. Who the hell wants a turkey hot dog on a whole wheat bun with a side of stewed tomatoes? Or whole wheat mac and cheese with a side of green beans, PB&J pocket made with whole wheat and a side of baked potato chips? The only meal they have consistent every day here is the pizza so the majority who actually eat their food get that and my kids say that too sucks.

The complainers can say anything they want and choose to believe that their kids eat it, but most do not and both my wife and I have seen it 1st hand in our kids schools. Kids are told they have to buy and eat a meal before they can make any purchase of a sugar or salty snack so they buy their meal take a single bite then throw it away in front of the lunch monitors and then go back and buy their soft pretzel, pop corn or Ice cream.

Whats truly disgusting and what should be a moral issue is the amount of untouched food that is thrown away each and every day by these kids and the $10's of thousands of dollars spent on it every year. Too knowingly waste valuable resources of both food and money just so you can sleep better at night is inexcusable.

That is what the real issue out of this entire thing is, at least to me.
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 20th, 2020 at 08:24 PM.

(Lancaster County)

My kids love whole wheat bread, since that's all they've ever known. The only time I buy white bread is to make stuffin'. They wouldn't even touch 2% milk. We've had whole wheat pastas and it got used with no problems. A few weeks ago I actually ran out of AP flour while making pizza crust and added in some whole wheat with some dough enhancer for the extra gluten. It isn't the whole wheat that's the problem it's the recipe that people use. It's very easy to completely screw up whole wheat products.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    My kids love whole wheat bread, since that's all they've ever known. The only time I buy white bread is to make stuffin'. They wouldn't even touch 2% milk. We've had whole wheat pastas and it got used with no problems. A few weeks ago I actually ran out of AP flour while making pizza crust and added in some whole wheat with some dough enhancer for the extra gluten. It isn't the whole wheat that's the problem it's the recipe that people use. It's very easy to completely screw up whole wheat products.
    We eat whole wheat pizza and calzones here as well, and my kids will get honey wheat or potato bread. I don't mind whole wheat pasta but the rest of the family hates it.

(Allegheny County)

Only thing I would post on Facebook is “Hey! Morons! Stop posting on Facebook!”

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Only thing I would post on Facebook is “Hey! Morons! Stop posting on Facebook!”
    It's probably good you don't post there.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    My kids brown bag it every day but the funny thing is they NEVER want school lunch because it sucks. Who the hell wants a turkey hot dog on a whole wheat bun with a side of stewed tomatoes? Or whole wheat mac and cheese with a side of green beans, PB&J pocket made with whole wheat and a side of baked potato chips? The only meal they have consistent every day here is the pizza so the majority who actually eat their food get that and my kids say that too sucks.

The complainers can say anything they want and choose to believe that their kids eat it, but most do not and both my wife and I have seen it 1st hand in our kids schools. Kids are told they have to buy and eat a meal before they can make any purchase of a sugar or salty snack so they buy their meal take a single bite then throw it away in front of the lunch monitors and then go back and buy their soft pretzel, pop corn or Ice cream.

Whats truly disgusting and what should be a moral issue is the amount of untouched food that is thrown away each and every day by these kids and the $10's of thousands of dollars spent on it every year. Too knowingly waste valuable resources of both food and money just so you can sleep better at night is inexcusable.

That is what the real issue out of this entire thing is, at least to me.
    I would try that hotdog thing, but I'm a Fatbastard so maybe it doesn't count? Get in my belly!
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    It's probably good you don't post there.
    Oh no he should post everything there. j/k Free
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    We eat whole wheat pizza and calzones here as well, and my kids will get honey wheat or potato bread. I don't mind whole wheat pasta but the rest of the family hates it.
    I'm a believer in everything in moderation. That way we can eat whatever the fuck we want.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

I'm a believer in everything in moderation. That way we can eat whatever the fuck we want.
    That's what we have taught our kids as well and so far it's worked. Since I'm home now I try and make more from scratch when I'm feeling up to it, there are a lot less boxes on the shelf and crap in the freezer other then meat. I know you do same and a lot more as well for your family.

(Lebanon County)

You know I love all these people preaching "Skim" "2%" and low fat milk, I love asking them the question "So how much fat is in whole milk?" Would it surprise anyone that whole milk is 3% milk?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast