Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook wars

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Facebook wars

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    I know what a canoe looks like, what does a douche canoe look like?
    Isn't that a euphemism for a vagina?
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    Isn't that a euphemism for a vagina?
    Douche Canoe ... A douchebag of such magnitude that it requires a boat to carry their epic doucheiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    I know what a canoe looks like, what does a douche canoe look like?
    They even have a merit badge.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Douche Canoe ... A douchebag of such magnitude that it requires a boat to carry their epic doucheiness.

They even have a merit badge.

Thanks for clearing that up. Learn something new every day. LOL
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Wayne County)

Getting into it with my Sister-in-law on FB. She lives in NJ. Posting memes about sitting in a burning building, doing nothing. My response:

"Despite the horrible events of this past weekend, today MILLIONS of gun owners shot no one."

Then I attached a photo of her niece shooting in the back yard.

That oughta rattle the cage a bit.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Are you speaking about gripping the AR in a "gangster" manner or are you referring to enfilading fire?
    Enfilading. Is that like with the mouth and stuff?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Wayne County)

OK. If you want to have a serious conversation about "gun violence" and "school shootings", I suggest you first don't start by summing up all the examples that have the word "school" involved, including injuries from BB guns, gang/drug related violence, domestic violence, instances where law enforcement shoot bad guys and instances where 25 year olds playing basketball on elementary school grounds get shot. (Here's a hint, 25 year olds are too old to go to elementary school).

Out of the 44 listed, 3 may actually qualify as "school shootings" (and that's being generous). Once you eliminate the agenda-driven BS, maybe then we can actually discuss causation and address the real reason why a seemingly normal 16 year old decides to shoot up classmates on his birthday. Until then, you're just drowning out the real problem with noise.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/15/us/20...8kxxKq_LoAcPSs

I posted this, and somehow I'm told.that I irrationally defend high capacity magazines, despite the fact that the kid yesterday only shot 6 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Yeah. For all we hear about them wanting to "start a National debate", I have yet to see any opposition actually attempt to discuss.

Good post, BTW.
    I applaud your efforts, however, the left has abandoned the field of polite conversation and now uses violence, fear and intimidation to silence the right.
    They do not want a national debate, conversation or anything else that would give the pro gun , conservative , republican, hunter, fisherman, or anything even remotely right wing a platform for their views to be herd or considered by other rational minds.
    Repeatedly I read about how the left wing faculty force a universities to shut down a speaking engagements from anyone who has opposing political views .
    The only people who will read or agree with any POV from a pro gun person is another shooting sports enthusiasts.
    Leftists don't want a debate, feelings trump facts and statistics, the constitution be damned unless they think they can twist it to align with their ideology
    Remember when Anarchists and anti-establishment was the cool thing?

We have become the counter culture.
    Last edited by bigandy1966; November 16th, 2019 at 09:25 AM.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    I applaud your efforts, however, the left has abandoned the field of polite conversation and now uses violence, fear and intimidation to silence the right.
    They do not want a national debate, conversation or anything else that would give the pro gun , conservative , republican, hunter, fisherman, or anything even remotely right wing a platform for their views to be herd or considered by other rational minds.
    Repeatedly I read about how the left wing faculty force a universities to shut down a speaking engagements from anyone who has opposing political views .
    The only people who will read or agree with any POV from a pro gun person is another shooting sports enthusiasts.
    Leftists don't want a debate, feelings trump facts and statistics, the constitution be damned unless they think they can twist it to align with their ideology
    Remember when Anarchists and anti-establishment was the cool thing?

We have become the counter culture.
    As I've said before. I don't post to change tue mind of the person with which I'm disagreeing. I'm posting to change the mind of the fence-sitter who is reading and not getting involved. If the only perspective that fence-sitters get is anti, that is all they will ever know. And that is unacceptable.

(Wayne County)

Can't wait to see the responses to this.

"WOW! 22,000 angry gun owners protested in Richmond, VA today and there wasn't even one arrest. Whoodathunk??!! The way the media portrays us, you'd have expected it to have been another Babi Yar.

Perhaps it isn't "lawful gun owners" who are the problem. Perhaps we already know the origin of the problem, but we're all too politically correct to admit it. ( I'll give you a hint since you're probably reaching for the low hanging fruit, it has nothing to do with race.) "

ETA: Thanks to all who went south today!!! Wish my health was steady enough to have travelled. As a minimum, I could have been a travelling aid statiin in the event things got ugly.

(Wayne County)

And, while we're at it. My SIL wrote something snarky about Republicans "rolling back" school lunch nutrition standards.

To which I said:

"Well, having had to feed kids in school through the last Administration and into this administration, here's a couple thoughts on the topic.

Seeing as most kids have a maximum of 30 minutes/day during which to eat lunch, the first order of business for a school cafeteria is to feed the kids something that they will actually eat. The cafeteria's role is to fuel the furnaces while they are at school, so that the kids are focusing on schoolwork and not how hungry they are. Having voted for Obama, I was incredibly disturbed by the changes that were made to the school lunch program. Namely, the use of whole grain breads and pastas. Now I'm a firm supporter of feeding nutritious, whole grain food to kids. But, having said that, according to both of our kids, the nutritional experiment that.was conducted at that time was an epic failure. Pizza day, which was formerly the "bring extra money for extra slices day", was a bust. Although the kids getting lunches were not allowed to NOT get pizza (aka, they were forced to take a piece) little kf it was eaten and it ended up in the trash. The same thing ocurred on spaghetti day. I'm sorry, but as much as I love a good, multi-grain bread, whole grain pasta is just nasty. As such, according to the Law of Unintended Consequences (and the fact that kids can purchase "flex" items from the cafeteria), the kids would trash their "mandatedly nutritional meals" and would literally buy five or six bags of chips and two Gatorades and that would be their lunch.

The point being, although it is noble to want to ensure that kids arenexposed to new foods and possibly to foods of higher nutritional ingredients than they get at home, school is not where kids should be experimented on for grand social experiments. Good old, ol' fashioned white bread and bleached wheat pasta may not be the pinnacle of nutritional dining. But it is a hell of a lot more nutritious than a half a dozen bags of Sun Chips (although I do love them) and a day's caloric intake of empty carbs from Gatorade. Don't let "perfect" get in the way of "good enough".

Secondly, the mandate to only serve 2° or skim milk should also be removed. If a kid is used to drinking whole milk, how isforcimg them to drink water (which has to be purchased independent from the meal at a daily expense) more nutritional? This is another example of unintended consequences. Just because some kids are sloth and obese, we are going to take whole milk away from the athletic kids (who arguably require the additional protein and fat BECAUSE they are active).

As for fresh fruits and vegies being offered, I'm all.for it. BUT!!!!! It needs to be added supplementally to a menu that the kids will actually eat. Schools should be given additional, supplemental funds for offerimg fresh fruits and vegetables in ADDITION to and NOT in replacement of regular foods the kids will eat. In this manner, if the kids actually want to eat broccoli (Maddie's favorite veggie), they can grab some. If they don't want it that day, they aren't missing out on a menu item. Pay the school District after-the-fact for the number kf days documented having served these items. Win-win all around. Fresh fruits and veggies are expensive, especially depending on season, and perishable. Which means a LOT goes to waste even without the kids. And, since most schools use a middle man food service contractor for meals, the profit markup on produce is absurd. There's no sense just payimg for it just to toss it in the trash because "kkds should be (forced) exposed to new foods".

Just feed them and keep them happy and full."

And, oddly, she nor any of her snarky, NJ/Philly friends had any response to this.

Perhaps it's easier to be snarky and morally superior than it is to actually think through an issue.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast