Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook wars

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Facebook wars

Read a bunch of folks lamenting a lack of information on candidates for today's election. So I posted a link to FOAC's voter's guide. Got one one guy to bookmark it so far.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

I bet social media kills more people than guns. Social media and "smart" phones have destroyed an entire generation. I see young people with no social or life skills because they spent their young lives glued to their smart phones. I am glad all this nonsense didn't come about until I was in my early 20s.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Is it possible to shoot an AR sideways?
    Are you speaking about gripping the AR in a "gangster" manner or are you referring to enfilading fire?
    Ideally, given time to set up a proper defensive perimeter, shooting sideways (a.k.a. FPL, or Final Protective Line) is a job reserved for the M-60. The tripod is emplaced such that fully right (or left) is just in front of your unit's positions on that side. When every remaining piece of excrement has struck the rotating air handling device, simply swing the gun all the way to the stop and unleash a wall of lead in front of your fellows. As long as the pig remains fed, it will take a near miracle for a living thing to pass thru said wall.

That said, maybe he was thinking about *this* guy:

(Butler County)

Something that's very interesting about social media including You Tube, is that the advertising you see is ONLY related to the stuff one is looking at already. If one doesnt choose to look at a video about guns, for instance, one will also not see advertisements which are pro-gun. So you are prevented from reaching who you want to reach if youre trying to reach people. The internet works for business in the end and free speech is railroaded into corporate interest.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post
    Something that's very interesting about social media including You Tube, is that the advertising you see is ONLY related to the stuff one is looking at already. If one doesnt choose to look at a video about guns, for instance, one will also not see advertisements which are pro-gun. So you are prevented from reaching who you want to reach if youre trying to reach people. The internet works for business in the end and free speech is railroaded into corporate interest.
    That's one more reason to take the crusade to Facebook. When other parents show their daughters getting their hair done, I show mine shooting at the range. It's how you demonstrate to those around you that firearm use is part of normal behavior.

ETA: An example of this was when I brought home the target from trying out my AR the other day. I hung it up on the fridge in the kitchen, dnapped a photo, and posted it on FB with the title "Pennsylvania refrigerator art". Even my wife's anti relatives saw the humor in that and "Liked" it.
    Last edited by Sandcut; May 19th, 2017 at 04:02 AM.

(Wayne County)

I'm reminded this week that all of those people who claim that they "want to start a conversation" have absolutely no real interest in real discussions at all. The "conversation" is only acceptable if the topic trends in the direction that they desire. If you actually raise questions that challenge or refute their simplistic views they get nasty. Which tells me that I'm hitting the mark of where I need to be. People only get that pissed when you challenge an Article of Faith.

The funniest part is that I've been very polite through the whole thing. I even got called a Douche Canoe by a woman that writes children's books.

(Lackawanna County)

You should make yourself a "Douche Canoe" T-shirt.

(Allegheny County)

What kills me is that "bullying" is the big, evil thing these days and there are all these "anti-bullying" programs and severe punishments for anyone who is a bully.

Fucking Faebook is OVERRUN buy bullies! "Grown ups" and children alike - they are vile, evil, hate-spewing, death-wishing leftist bullies.

Seems a valid reason to ban computers - or at least Facebook.
    What about all the people who feel bad after being picked on? What about the fragile ones who kill themselves as a result?

The first amendment? The founders never intended grown ups to use electronic media to bully others. Restrict them to parchment paper and a feather pen!

Seriously though, these people are the biggest hypocrites on earth.

(Lancaster County)

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Have you had a Facebook argument where you changed your mind? I think it's like two kids saying nu uhhh, ah huhhh.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast